Jacoby Jones will visit the San Diego Chargers on Thursday
The San Diego Chargers have been looking for a legit threat in the return game for a long time. The team has gone through a number of different players in hopes to fill the position, but has not found anyone to lock it down. The last real threat that the team had was Darren Sproles. Since Sproles was sent out of town, the team has gone through a few players to fill the kick return and punt return roles on the team.
More from Chargers Rumors
- LA Chargers: 3 reasons why Tom Telesco won’t trade for Julio Jones
- LA Chargers: Why a Julio Jones trade will not include any players
- Why the LA Chargers are the most likely landing spot for Julio Jones
- LA Chargers: 3 reasons Julio Jones is worth a first-round pick
- LA Chargers: Breaking down the counterpoints of a Julio Jones trade
The Chargers could look to add a player that can make an immediate impact in the return department. On Thursday, the San Diego Chargers will meet up with return specialist Jacoby Jones. Jones is one of the best return specialists in the game.
Jones will be entering his 9th season in the league and he has 9 returns for touchdowns in his career. Teams are constantly kicking away from him in order to avoid his ability to make a big return.
It would be awesome to see Philip Rivers and the rest of the offense work with a short field from time to time. It always seems like the team starts off on offense at the 20 yard line and has to work all the way down the field for a chance to score.
Jones would mainly be a special teams player, but could get the opportunity to play some receiver on offense. He would be a deep threat and could benefit from the Chargers quick passing attack. His ability to make people miss in the open field could come up big on some screen plays. I am sure that Philip Rivers could find some use for him on offense.
Jones has a number of teams that he will meet with, but if the Chargers want Jones they won’t let him leave town without a contract.
What do you all think about Jacoby Jones as a Charger?
More from Bolt Beat
- LA Chargers: 3 early takeaways from 2021 minicamp thus far
- LA Chargers: Drue Tranquill takes a jab at Gus Bradley’s defense
- LA Chargers second-year players: Nothing to lose and a lot to gain
- LA Chargers: Why running back could be a big issue for the Bolts
- LA Chargers: Chris Rumph’s upside is Melvin Ingram-like, but better