Aug 8, 2013; San Diego, CA, USA; Seattle Seahawks receiverBrett Swain
(16) has a pass broken up by San Diego Chargers cornerbackSteve Williams
(27) in the end zone during the first half at Qualcomm Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Christopher Hanewinckel-USA TODAY Sports
I can’t believe that it is that time again. I can’t believe that we are going to see some football by our San Diego Chargers. I feel like it has been forever, but at the same time it snuck right up on us!
I can’t wait to see these guys on the field I shared earlier in the week some of the people that I wanted to see on the field, but Brandon Flowers not expected to play Thursday” href=”https://boltbeat.com/2014/08/04/jason-verrett-brandon-flowers-expected-play-thursday/”>some things have changed since that time. Here are a few things that I will be looking for today:
More from LA Chargers News
- LA Chargers: 3 early takeaways from 2021 minicamp thus far
- LA Chargers: Drue Tranquill takes a jab at Gus Bradley’s defense
- LA Chargers second-year players: Nothing to lose and a lot to gain
- LA Chargers: Why running back could be a big issue for the Bolts
- LA Chargers: Chris Rumph’s upside is Melvin Ingram-like, but better
Even though some of the players that I wanted to see are out, there still are other players I want to see get the reps. I will be looking forward to seeing Steve Williams and Chris Davis get some reps in the secondary. The other vets on the roster, Richard Marshall and Shareece Wright, will be nice to see, but I am looking forward to the new blood.
I still am waiting for someone to stand out and make that splash in the special teams as a returner. It has been forever since we have had a decent returner back there, so I hope someone will make a strong impression in that part of the game.
There has been a lot of chatter about this kid in camp, but now is a time that we get to see him on the field in a game situation. It would be nice to see the kid out there making plays.
Battle for 4th running back
Branden Oliver and Marion Grice will be battling for that 4th running back gig. I want to see which one of the two stand out today.
Young Pass Rushers
I am looking forward to seeing Jerry Attaochu on the field and also looking forward to seeing if Tourek Williams has picked up his game in his second season in the league. He is excited to show off his new pass rushing skills after a whole offseason. I will be looking forward to seeing it in play as well.