Chargers vs. Jaguars: Week 14 open thread
By Travis Wakeman
In a battle of 4-8 teams just looking to find something positive before this season officially ends, the Los Angeles Chargers travel to Jacksonville to face the Jaguars on Sunday.
The Jaguars will go back to Gardner Minshew at quarterback, looking for the spark that he has been able to provide multiple times this season in place of the injured and now, ineffective, Nick Foles. The Chargers, who were fantastic on the road last season, are 2-4 away from home this year and come into this one having lost their last three games.
While the playoffs are out of reach for the Bolts, there are still some things to be on the lookout for in this game.
- Can Philip Rivers get out of his funk? The legendary signal-caller has been quite bad this season but has burned the Jaguars before.
- When will we start to see more out of guys like Jerry Tillery? With the season lost, the Chargers should look at playing their first-round pick more.
- How will the Chargers defend Minshew? The rookie does his best work when he gets outside the pocket and he presents a much different challenge than Foles.
More from Bolt Beat
- LA Chargers: 3 early takeaways from 2021 minicamp thus far
- LA Chargers: Drue Tranquill takes a jab at Gus Bradley’s defense
- LA Chargers second-year players: Nothing to lose and a lot to gain
- LA Chargers: Why running back could be a big issue for the Bolts
- LA Chargers: Chris Rumph’s upside is Melvin Ingram-like, but better
Despite being 4-8, it’s still important for the Chargers to finish this year strong. There are many questions surrounding the team and those will continue into the offseason, but the team would be best served to answer any that they can during the season.
Kickoff is scheduled for 1:05 p.m. PT and the game will be televised on FOX. Dick Stockton and Mark Schlereth will call the action.
Right here, you can chat about the game via the open thread in the comment section. Talk about this game and the season as it is with your fellow Chargers fans! Also, check back with us after the game as we will have our usual postgame coverage.