It’s a short week for the Los Angeles Chargers who go on the road to battle the Oakland Raiders on Thursday Night Football.
Not only will this be the last trip for the Chargers into the ‘Black Hole’ inside the Oakland Coliseum, but it will also be a key game inside the AFC West division.
After starting the season 2-5, many people were quick to write the Chargers off. But after two straight wins, they now have a chance to get to .500. On the other side of the field, the Raiders have been much better than most expected them to be.
- After dominating the Green Bay Packers in all three phases of the game last week, how will the Chargers look in this game? Can that performance be duplicated?
- The Raiders’ Josh Jacobs could be running away with the league’s Offensive Rookie of the Year award. Can the Chargers slow him and the Raiders’ rushing attack down?
- Melvin Gordon rushed for 80 yards and a couple of touchdowns last week. Has the rust from the offseason finally worn off?
Trent Scott will get the start at right tackle with Tevi out. Broughton is still dealing with the effects of mononucleosis and Jones will miss another game as well. However, Brandon Mebane will return to the lineup.
More from Bolt Beat
- LA Chargers: 3 early takeaways from 2021 minicamp thus far
- LA Chargers: Drue Tranquill takes a jab at Gus Bradley’s defense
- LA Chargers second-year players: Nothing to lose and a lot to gain
- LA Chargers: Why running back could be a big issue for the Bolts
- LA Chargers: Chris Rumph’s upside is Melvin Ingram-like, but better
Kickoff is scheduled for 5:20 p.m. PT and the game will be televised on both FOX and NFL Network. Joe Buck and Troy Aikman will call the game.
The chat about the game and the Chargers will be right here, so join your fellow Chargers fans and talk about the team! The chat is available in the comment section below.
Following the game, we will have all of our usual postgame coverage as well.