After their bye week, the rejuvenated Bolts face a tough Week 10 matchup against the Jacksonville Jaguars. Jacksonville, who has had one of their best seasons in a long time, are coming off a Week 9 win against the Cincinnati Bengals.
The return of linebacker Denzel Perryman should help the Chargers in defending against the Jacksonville run game, but against a tough Jaguars defense, this should be an interesting week for the Chargers’ offensive players. Let’s look at some of the interesting players this week:
With a tough matchup against A.J. Bouye and Jalen Ramsey, Keenan will have a challenge this week. Although opposing receivers have struggled against the Jaguars’ secondary, I expect Keenan to have a good amount of receptions.
While this definitely is not an ideal matchup, I think Keenan still has value as a starter in your flex spot.
While Jacksonville is a tough defensive matchup, I still expect Flash Gordon to have a strong outing. For the first time in a while, Gordon is not listed on the Chargers’ injury report, meaning that he will likely see a heavy workload against Jacksonville.
With a strong pass defense from the Jaguars, expect the Bolts to heavily rely upon the run game. Gordon is a must-start RB1 this week.
Although Mike Williams has seen relatively low usage thus far, he has made a few crucial catches in important situations. With continued increased usage, Williams has seen a slow uptick in snaps.
After a down performance from Tyrell Williams, Mike will look to step into a bigger role in the Chargers’ Week 10 matchup, but he is still not worthy of a start.
Start or Sit?
Here are the players previously mentioned along with some who were not, with the parentheses indicating the tier of each player in fantasy terms and my projection for them this week.
More from Bolt Beat
- LA Chargers: 3 early takeaways from 2021 minicamp thus far
- LA Chargers: Drue Tranquill takes a jab at Gus Bradley’s defense
- LA Chargers second-year players: Nothing to lose and a lot to gain
- LA Chargers: Why running back could be a big issue for the Bolts
- LA Chargers: Chris Rumph’s upside is Melvin Ingram-like, but better
- Philip Rivers – Bench (QB1/QB2) – My Projection: 12 points (Standard)
- Melvin Gordon – Start (RB1) – My Projection: 15 points (Standard), 18 points (PPR)
- Keenan Allen – Start (WR2/WR3) – My Projection: 6 points (Standard), 12 points (PPR)
- Tyrell Williams – Bench (WR3/WR4) – My Projection: 3 points (Standard), 5 points (PPR)
- Hunter Henry – Start (TE1/TE2) – My Projection: 6 points (Standard), 9 points (PPR)
- Travis Benjamin – Bench (WR2/WR3) – My Projection: 4 points (Standard), 6 points (PPR)
- Antonio Gates – Bench (TE2) – My Projection: 2 points (Standard), 4 points (PPR)
- Austin Ekeler – Bench (RB3/RB4) – My Projection: 2 points (Standard), 3 points (PPR)
- Branden Oliver – Bench (RB4) – My Projection: 1 point (Standard), 1 point (PPR)
- Mike Williams – Bench (WR3/WR4) – My Projection: 2 points (Standard), 4 points (PPR)
Note: Asterisk (*) indicates possibility of player missing game due to injury.
What are you expecting out of the Bolts this week in fantasy? Let us know your thoughts in the comment section.