Although the Los Angeles Chargers’ woes continue, fantasy football moves on, and many of the players still have value.
After a Week 3 loss to the Kansas City Chiefs, many are likely down on the Chargers, even in fantasy terms. In their upcoming matchup, the Bolts face a hot Philadelphia Eagles team.
Let’s look at some of the significant performances from last week:
Through three weeks thus far, Gordon has been extremely consistent. Scoring a touchdown each week, his production has been strong.
Although Gordon has not had the strongest run game thus far, much of that can be attributed to the offensive line and a nagging knee injury. Expect a strong performance from Gordon as he remains a top-tier RB1.
Hunter Henry, who was expected to be one of the top weapons in a potent Chargers’ offense, has been surprisingly underwhelming thus far. With two separate games with zero targets, Henry has become a fantasy dilemma.
Perhaps Henry will be utilized more in the future, but for now, his playability is basically none. Leave Henry on your bench this week, but keep a close eye on his production.
Although Rivers played well in the first two weeks, last week was difficult. After throwing three first-half interceptions, Rivers continued to struggle for the rest of the day.
While this performance was likely an outlier, Rivers still remains a tough play other than in deeper leagues. Unless you are in desperate condition, Rivers is likely better left on your bench this week.
Start or Sit?
Here are the players previously mentioned, along with some who were not, with the parentheses indicating the tier of each player in fantasy terms and my projection for them this week:
More from Bolt Beat
- LA Chargers: 3 early takeaways from 2021 minicamp thus far
- LA Chargers: Drue Tranquill takes a jab at Gus Bradley’s defense
- LA Chargers second-year players: Nothing to lose and a lot to gain
- LA Chargers: Why running back could be a big issue for the Bolts
- LA Chargers: Chris Rumph’s upside is Melvin Ingram-like, but better
- Philip Rivers – Bench (QB2) – My Projection: 12 points (Standard)
- Melvin Gordon – Start (RB1) – My Projection: 14 points (Standard), 16 points (PPR)
- Keenan Allen – Start (WR1/WR2) – My Projection: 9 points (Standard), 15 points (PPR)
- Tyrell Williams – Bench (Flex/WR4) – My Projection: 5 points (Standard), 7 points (PPR)
- Hunter Henry – Bench (TE2) – My Projection: 3 points (Standard), 5 points (PPR)
- Travis Benjamin – Bench (Flex/WR4) – My Projection: 5 points (Standard), 8 points (PPR)
- Antonio Gates – Bench (TE2) – My Projection: 3 points (Standard), 5 points (PPR)
- Branden Oliver – Bench (RB3/RB4) – My Projection: 2 points (Standard), 3 points (PPR)
- Austin Ekeler – Bench (RB4) – My Projection: 1 point (Standard), 2 points (PPR)
- Dontrelle Inman – Bench (WR5) – My Projection: 1 point (Standard), 2 points (PPR)
What are you expecting out of the Bolts this week in fantasy? Let us know your thoughts in the comment section.