Here is a list of NFL Draft prospects that could be on the San Diego Chargers roster at the end of the day.
The San Diego Chargers hold the 17th selection of the NFL draft and the team will be looking to upgrade the roster in a number of different areas. What will the team do with their selection tonight though? What will they do with the 17th overall selection?
Here is the list of players that I can see the team selecting in the first round.
More from Chargers Draft
- LA Chargers: Why the Josh Palmer selection was a mistake by the Bolts
- LA Chargers: 3 players whose stock rose tremendously after NFL Draft
- What LA Chargers can expect from Day 3 NFL Draft picks
- LA Chargers NFL Draft: 3 biggest takeaways from 2021 rookie class
- Rashawn Slater: 3 predictions for Chargers top NFL Draft pick
Every expert has drafted a running back to the Chargers in the first round at some point. Gordon comes with the least amount of risk and would be a player that Tom Telesco would love to add to the roster. He would give the team an immediate impact in the running game and would give Philip Rivers another weapon on offense. I don’t know if Tom Telesco would want to risk the selection by taking Todd Gurley.
The Chargers could look to find protection for Philip Rivers in the first round. Peat would give the team a starter at tackle and would allow D.J. Fluker to move inside to play right guard. With the offensive line upgraded, Philip should get some time to throw the ball down the field and the running backs should get some massive holes to run through.
The Chargers love having versatile players up front and Erving can do it all. He played left tackle and has also played center in the college game at high levels. That is some type of versatility that the Chargers would love to have on the roster. He likely would be the team’s starting center and Chris Watt would move over to guard.
If Ray is still available, this is a player that the Chargers could swoop in on. With his latest failed drug test, he could slip down the draft and be there for the taking at 17. I am not sure that Telesco would want to risk the pick, but the talent might be too high to say no to at that spot. The team could use some players that can get to the quarterback.
The Chargers could not stop anyone in the run game last season. Brown would bring an immediate upgrade to the defensive line and would help this team slow down other teams. This would put Kendall Reyes on the bench and would be an immediate upgrade to the front 7.
Which player will be a Charger at the end of the day? Which player are you hoping for?
More from Bolt Beat
- LA Chargers: 3 early takeaways from 2021 minicamp thus far
- LA Chargers: Drue Tranquill takes a jab at Gus Bradley’s defense
- LA Chargers second-year players: Nothing lose and a lot to gain
- LA Chargers: Why running back could be a big issue for the Bolts
- LA Chargers: Chris Rumph’s upside is Melvin Ingram-like, but better