Mel Kiper released his final mock draft and he has the Chargers selecting Melvin Gordon with the 17th overall selection.
The mock drafts from all the major experts are being released today. We looked into Mike Mayock’s lone mock draft for the season and he had the Chargers selecting Todd Gurley with the 17th overall selection. This time around we will look at Mel Kiper’s selection for the team.
Kiper has the Chargers going with a running back as well, but instead will take Melvin Gordon to the Chargers. He has Todd Gurley selected before the Chargers make their pick.
More from Chargers Draft
- LA Chargers: Why the Josh Palmer selection was a mistake by the Bolts
- LA Chargers: 3 players whose stock rose tremendously after NFL Draft
- What LA Chargers can expect from Day 3 NFL Draft picks
- LA Chargers NFL Draft: 3 biggest takeaways from 2021 rookie class
- Rashawn Slater: 3 predictions for Chargers top NFL Draft pick
In Kiper’s mock draft, he has the team selecting Gordon over Malcom Brown, Cameron Erving and Andrus Peat. Will the Chargers take a running back with their top selection in the draft? The team is in need of a running back after finishing 30th in the league running the ball last season. Gordon would give the team one of the top backs available in the draft and he would make an instant impact. Gordon fits the mold of a Tom Telesco type player. Telesco wants to see production over potential and all Gordon did at Wisconsin was set records.
I could easily see the Chargers adding Gordon to the roster in the first round. He is the type of player that can produce in his rookie season and could bring an impact player to the offense.
Will the Chargers take a running back in the first round of the draft? It seems that all the experts expect the team to go in that direction in the first round of the draft.
More from Bolt Beat
- LA Chargers: Drue Tranquill takes a jab at Gus Bradley’s defense
- LA Chargers second-year players: Nothing lose and a lot to gain
- LA Chargers: Why running back could be a big issue for the Bolts
- LA Chargers: Chris Rumph’s upside is Melvin Ingram-like, but better
- Chargers: Reggie Slater calls LA the “dream scenario” for Rashawn Slater