Free agency opens up at 1pm PT. We will see if the San Diego Chargers make any other moves.
It has been so long since we have put together an open thread on Bolt Beat. It is a little exciting to have everyone together to talk shop all over again. We aren’t talking about a football game this time around, but it is another fun event. This is the opening of free agency.
In the past, the free agency period has brought us Fozzy Whitaker and names like that. This offseason could go the same way, but we do have some money to use if we wanted to get in the mix. We already have made a move to fix the offensive line by signing Orlando Franklin. That deal will officially be complete today.
More from Chargers Rumors
- LA Chargers: 3 reasons why Tom Telesco won’t trade for Julio Jones
- LA Chargers: Why a Julio Jones trade will not include any players
- Why the LA Chargers are the most likely landing spot for Julio Jones
- LA Chargers: 3 reasons Julio Jones is worth a first-round pick
- LA Chargers: Breaking down the counterpoints of a Julio Jones trade
What else will the Chargers do? We will see what the other San Diego Chargers free agents will do as well. Marcus Gilchrist, Shareece Wright and Andrew Gachkar are getting some interest around the league. I don’t see them as a huge priority for the Chargers to bring back.
Eddie Royal and Ryan Mathews are a couple of players that we might bring back for another season. They will be free agents at 1PM and can sign with any team. Will we try to keep them or let them walk?
This is always a fun time to see if we can make some improvements to the roster. The team has a few holes that could be filled through free agency. A pass rusher would be nice to add on the roster. Depth in the secondary would be huge. A starting safety is still missing. A nose tackle has not been present for a few seasons. A top wide receiver still could be used on offense.
There are still positions that we could add on this roster through free agency. I don’t know how many more big names that we will see added to this team, but Tom Telesco will find the guys that he likes and get them on the roster. I will be excited to see what we do in free agency.
More from Bolt Beat
- LA Chargers: Chris Rumph’s upside is Melvin Ingram-like, but better
- Chargers: Reggie Slater calls LA the “dream scenario” for Rashawn Slater
- LA Chargers: The 4 best moves of the Bolts’ offseason
- LA Chargers: 4 questions surrounding the defense in 2021
- Derwin James injury history and outlook for 2021 season