The LA Chargers are entering a crucial stretch of games that is going to decide the fate of the 2022 season. After a disappointing loss to the Las Vegas Raiders last week, the Bolts have put themselves behind the eight ball needing to essentially win four of the last five games.
That is going to be a daunting task with the Chargers squaring off against the Miami Dolphins in Week 14. Miami has one of the best offenses in the league while the Chargers have one of the worst defenses. This is a horrible matchup by every sense of the imagination.
Unfortunately for Chargers fans who are watching this game on primetime, this ugly matchup is only going to be made worse. The bad Chargers defense is going to be without its best player, which is going to be a massive problem.
Chargers news roundup ahead of Week 14:
- Derwin James is going to miss Sunday Night Football's matchup against the Dolphins. While not officially ruled out by the team at the time of writing this, James did enter Sunday listed as doubtful. ESPN's Lindsey Thiry reported that, according to sources, James is going to be out.
- According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, the Chargers expect Joey Bosa to return to practice after Week 14 to return for the final four games of the season.
- To help replace James, the Chargers signed Kemon Hall to the active roster. Hall is taking the place of tight end Richard Rodgers, who was put on the IR late in the week.
- After returning against the Kansas City Chiefs and then missing the next two games, wide receiver Mike Williams is slated to make his return to action against the Dolphins. This could have big implications on some key prop bets.
- Rapoport spoke on the Sean Payton coaching rumors for the 2023 season. Rapoport claims that Payton's preference is to stay and coach in Los Angeles if he were to return.
News from around the NFL:
- The league fined New Orleans Saints head coach Dennis Allen and Cameron Jordan for faking an injury in last week's loss against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Allen was fined $100,000 and Jordan was fined $50,000.
- Lions reportedly consider Jared Goff to be their long-time starting quarterback, which could have big implications on the 2023 NFL Draft. The Lions have both their own selection and the LA Rams selection.
- Week 14's matchup between the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and San Francisco 49ers presents the largest age discrepancy at starting quarterback since 1950.