Los Angeles Chargers star running back, Austin Ekeler, injured his ankle in Week 1 of the 2023 NFL season, and he could be in danger of missing Week 2 against the Tennessee Titans.
There is no official status for Ekeler this early in the Week, but fans and bettors may want to think of potential options in case the star running back is ruled out.
Austin Ekeler injury status for Week 2 game against Tennessee Titans
Austin Ekeler did not practice on Wednesday or Thursday, leaving his status for Sunday’s game in question.
The Chargers also added a running back to their roster on Wednesday.
Best Chargers prop bet target with Austin Ekeler’s status in question
Joshua Kelley anytime touchdown scorer
Joshua Kelley could have standalone value if Ekeler plays or not in Week 2.
In Week 1, Kelley carried the ball 16 times for 91 yards and a score, seeing the same amount of carries as Ekeler did. These two could be a solid one-two punch in the Los Angeles backfield.
I like taking a shot on Kelley – who is a bigger back – to find the end zone this week.
No matter how you wager on the game – or the prop market – between the Chargers and Titans, FanDuel Sportsbook has a great offer for new users.
All you need to do is sign up with the link below, deposit and wager $5 to receive $200 in bonus bets and $100 off NFL Sunday Ticket!
Austin Ekeler injury history
Ekeler has been extremely healthy the last two seasons, playing in every game in 2022, but he’s been banged up throughout his NFL career.
Here’s his full injury history:
- Dec. 2017: Hand Wrist Fracture – played through injury for rest of season
- Dec. 2018: Cervical Neck Stinger – missed two games
- Dec. 2018: Head Cranial Concussion Grade 1 – missed two games
- Oct. 2020: Thigh Hamstring Strain Grade 2 – placed on IR, missed six games
- Jan. 2021: Head Cranial Concussion Grade 1 – missed rest of season finale
- 2021: Dealt with Hip and Ankle issues but did not miss time
Los Angeles Chargers next 5 opponents
- Minnesota Vikings, Sunday, Sept. 24
- Las Vegas Raiders, Sunday, Oct. 1
- Dallas Cowboys, Monday, Oct. 16
- Kansas City Chiefs, Sunday, Oct. 22
- Chicago Bears, Sunday, Oct. 29
Los Angeles Chargers injury report
- Joey Bosa – DNP Thursday
- Austin Ekeler – DNP Thursday
- Eric Kendricks – DNP Thursday
- Chris Rumph II – Limited Wednesday
- Daiyan Henley – Returned to practice Wednesday
Tennessee Titans injury report
- Tre Avery – Full Participant Thursday
- Treylon Burks – Full Participant Thursday
- Kristian Fulton – Limited Thursday
- Amani Hooker – DNP Wednesday
- DeAndre Hopkins – DNP Thursday
- Dillon Radunz – Full Participant Thursday
- Tyjae Spears – Full Participant Thursday
- Teair Tart – Limited Thursday
Odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.