Los Angeles Chargers tight end Gerald Everett reportedly is a game-time decision for Sunday Night Football against the Chicago Bears due to a hip injury.
Everett and Josh Palmer are both listed as questionable, although NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport believes there is more optimism that Palmer will be able to play than Everett.
Losing Everett would be tough for the Chargers on offense, especially since he’s found the end zone in back-to-back weeks. How should bettors and fantasy players plan to attack this matchup if Everett ends up sitting out?
Gerald Everett injury status for Week 8 game vs. Chicago Bears
Everett is listed as questionable for the Chargers’ Week 8 game against the Bears, but he is a true game-time decision.
Best Los Angeles Chargers prop bet for Week 8 vs. Chicago Bears
Keenan Allen anytime touchdown scorer
Keenan Allen should be in a great spot to find the end zone this week with top pass catchers like Everett and Palmer banged up.
The veteran receiver already already has four touchdown receptions this season, and he should get plenty of looks from Justin Herbert against a bad Chicago defense.
Chicago has one of the worst passing defenses in the NFL, allowing the fourth most yards and second most passing scores (14) this season.
No matter how you plan on betting on this game, you can come out a winner at DraftKings Sportsbook. New users that sign up with the link below and wager $5 will instantly receive $200 in bonus bets!
Gerald Everett injury history
Everett has been incredibly durable in his NFL career, playing in at least 13 games in every season. However, he could be in jeopardy of missing his first game of the 2023 season tonight.
- Sept. 2019: Shoulder – injured in camp
- Nov. 2019: Hand Wrist Sprain/Pull
- Sept. 2020: Back Lower Lumbar Sprain
When is Gerald Everett coming back?
If Everett (hip) is unable to play in Week 8, his next chance to return to the lineup would be in Week 9 against the New York Jets on Monday Night Football.
Los Angeles Chargers next 5 opponents
- New York Jets, Monday, Nov. 6
- Detroit Lions, Sunday, Nov. 12
- Green Bay Packers, Sunday, Nov. 19
- Baltimore Ravens, Sunday, Nov. 26
- New England Patriots, Sunday, Dec. 3
Los Angeles Chargers injury report
- Gerald Everett – questionable
- Josh Palmer – questionable
- Jalen Guyton – questionable
- Alohi Gilman – questionable
- Otito Ogbonnia – questionable
- Deane Leonard – questionable
Chicago Bears injury report
- Jaquan Brisker – questionable
- Justin Fields – out
- Nate Davis – out
- Terell Smith – out
- Eddie Jackson – questionable
- Dan Feeney – questionable
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.
Find Peter Dewey's betting record here.