The Los Angeles Chargers will host the Kansas City Chiefs in a Week 18 showdown that is largely meaningless for both teams, at least as the standings are concerned.
The Chargers have been eliminated from the postseason for weeks and the Chiefs are locked into the No. 3 spot in the conference which leaves this game being a battle of backups.
If you want to get my best bet for all 16 NFL Week 18 games, check out this week's edition of the "Road to 272 Bets".
If you want to bet on this game, you should place your bets over at FanDuel Sportsbook. If you click the link below to sign up for an account, you'll receive $150 in bonus bets when you place your first $5 wager.
Chiefs vs. Chargers odds, spread, and total
Chiefs vs. Chargers betting trends
- The UNDER is 9-3 in the Chiefs' last 12 games
- Chiefs are 2-5 ATS in their last seven games vs. Chargers
- Chiefs are 8-0 straight up in their last games vs. Chargers on the road
- The UNDER is 5-1 in the Chiefs' last six games vs. AFC West opponents
- Chiefs are 6-2 ATS in their last eight games when set as underdogs
- Chargers are 2-6 ATS in their last eight games
- The UNDER is 11-3 in the Chargers' last 14 games
Chiefs vs. Chargers injury reports
Kansas City Chiefs injury report
- Kadarius Toney - WR - Questionable
- Rashee Rice - WR - Questionable
- Travis Kelce - TE - Questionable
- Isiah Pacheco - RB - Questionable
- L'Jarius Sneed - CB - Questionable
Los Angeles Chargers injury report
- Joshua Palmer - WR - Questionable
- Keenan Allen - WR - Questionable
- Stone Smartt - TE - Questionable
- Trey Pipkins III - OT - Questionable
- Deane Leonard - CB - Questionable
Chiefs vs. Chargers how to watch
- Date: Sunday, January 7
- Game Time: 4:25 pm et
- Venue: SoFi Stadium
- How to Watch (TV): CBS
- Kansas City Chiefs Record: 10-6
- Los Angeles Chargers Record: 5-11
Chiefs vs. Chargers key players to watch
Kansas City Chiefs
Blaine Gabbert: Patrick Mahomes will sit on Sunday against the Chargers which means veteran quarterback, Blaine Gabbert, will get the start. Gabbert has a 72.1 quarterback rating in his career and has thrown just five passes this season with two of them resulting interceptions when he took the field against the Bears back in September.
Los Angeles Chargers
Easton Stick: The Chargers backup quarterback who has replaced Justin Herbert the past handful of weeks, will get one last chance to prove his worth as a backup moving forward. He has played at an acceptable level in his few starts, but a strong finish to his season would be a stamp on his resume moving forward.
Chiefs vs. Chargers prediction and pick
The Chiefs are locked into the No. 3 spot in the AFC which means they may rest their players. Most importantly, they're going to rest Patrick Mahomes. I can't think of a single other player in the NFL who has a bigger impact on their offense than Mahomes. They already struggle at times due to abysmal play by their receiver and I can't imagine how much worse they'll look without the best quarterback in the NFL under center.
Easton Stick has played well in his few starts this season and he is one player who has a ton to play for in this game has he tried to pad his resume as a viable backup quarterback in the NFL.
I'll take the Chargers are home in this one.
Odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.
You can check out all of Iain's bets here!