Chargers news: Justin Herbert injury update, fan favorite leaves LA, Dea Spanos
By Jason Reed
The hectic wave of NFL free agency is over but there is still LA Chargers news for fans to digest. We are now in the holding phase between free agency and the 2023 NFL Draft and a lot can happen in the coming weeks.
Los Angeles has not made any additional moves over the last week but some familiar faces are confirmed to be leaving the Chargers this offseason.
Plus, an update on Justin Herbert and the surgery he had on his non-throwing shoulder right after the 2022 season. Here is everything you need to know in today's Chargers news roundup.
Chargers news roundup:
- Justin Herbert may not be ready to participate in the team's voluntary workouts in mid-to-late May. Herbert had surgery on a torn labrum in his left shoulder and general manager Tom Telesco said that the team will re-evaluate and see where Herbert is at the beginning of May. That being said, Herbert is not expected to miss training camp in August.
- Fan favorite defensive lineman Breiden Fehoko has officially left the team, signing with the Pittsburgh Steelers. The Chargers non-tendered both Fehoko and Donald Parham but re-signed Parham shortly after to a two-year deal.
- Dea Spanos is reportedly looking to sell her ownership stake of the LA Chargers. Check out our coverage to learn everything that could mean.
- The Chargers are reportedly working out Louisville offensive tackle Trevor Reid on Monday. Reid is expected to be a day-three selection in the 2023 NFL Draft and while this does not guarantee that the team will select him, it does indicate that the Bolts might be planning to beef up the offensive line depth in the late rounds.
NFL news roundup:
- Pro Bowl safety Keanu Neal is joining Fehoko in Pittsburgh as it was reported on Thursday that he was signing a two-year deal with the Steelers.
- NFL owners agreed in the owners meeting to allow the use of no. 0 moving forward. The first player to officially claim the no. 0 was Jacksonville's Calvin Ridley, who will play in 2023 after being suspended for one season. Any position besides offensive and defensive line can wear the number.