The LA Chargers are in a fantastic position heading into the holidays. After losing to the Raiders and falling to 6-6 two weeks ago, many fans wrote off this team. However, the Bolts are now in a playoff position and could give their fans a great Christmas present in Week 16 by clinching a playoff spot.
The last three weeks are crucial for the Chargers and following Sunday's win over the Titans, there was an influx of Chargers news for fans to digest.
Here is our Chargers news roundup for you, the fan, on a busy Monday after the Chargers' big win over the Titans in Week 15.
Chargers news roundup:
- Cornerback J.C. Jackson was booked at Bristol County Jail on Monday for a "non-violent family issue". Additional details have not yet been released. Jackson last played in Week 7 against the Seattle Seahawks, where he ruptured his patellar tendon. The Chargers signed Jackson to a five-year, $82.5 million contract before the 2022 season. The Chargers have released a statement on the situation:
- Brandon Staley provided no additional updates on Joey Bosa's return to the team. There was speculation that he could return to practice last week but that ultimately did not come to be. Bosa has not played since Week 3 against the Jackonville Jaguars, where he suffered a torn groin.
- According to Staley, the Chargers are hopeful to get Derwin James back in practice this week. James has been out with a quad injury and last played against the Las Vegas Raiders in Week 13.
- Joe Gaziano suffered a groin injury against the Titans and according to Staley, will be out "weeks not days". Kemon Hall is also week-to-week with a hamstring injury.
- Derwin James finished as the leading vote-getter among safeties for the Pro Bowl in the final wave of fan voting.
NFL news roundup:
- After suffering a high ankle sprain on Sunday, Jonathan Taylor may not play again this season. The Chargers play the Indianapolis Colts in Week 16.
- Jalen Hurts is uncertain to play in Week 16 against the Dallas Cowboys after suffering sprained shoulder against the Chicago Bears.
- Former Patriots and Browns linebacker Willie McGinest was arrested Monday and taken into custody on a charge of assault with a deadly weapon.
If the LA Chargers get Joey Bosa and Derwin James back in Week 16, with Jonathan Taylor likely not playing, then it should be a fairly easy victory for the Bolts.