The Los Angeles Chargers suffered a heart breaking loss on Monday Night Football in Week 6, and are now just 2-3 on the season.
The bad news is they now have to head to Kansas City to take on the Chiefs, the good news is a win here would be absolutely massive and get them back into the thick of things.
If you want my picks for every Week 7 game, check out the latest edition of the "Road to 272 Bets" here!
Before we dive into this betting preview, be sure to sign up for an account at Caesars Sportsbook! For a limited time, new users will get their first bet on Caesars, up to $1,000! Just click the link below to take advantage of this offer.
Chargers vs. Chiefs odds, spread, and total
Chargers vs. Chiefs betting trends
- Chargers are 2-4 ATS in their last six games
- Chargers are 5-1 ATS in their last six games vs. Chiefs
- Chargers are 3-15 straight up in their last 18 games vs. Chiefs
- Chargers are 8-4 ATS in their last 12 road games
- Chiefs are 4-1 ATS in their last five games
- The UNDER 7-3 in their last 10 games
- Chiefs are 9-0 straight up in their last nine games vs. AFC opponents
Chargers vs. Chiefs injury reports
Los Angeles Chargers injury report
- Alohi Gilman - S - Questionable
- Deane Leonard - CB - Questionable
- Raheem Layne - S - Questionable
Kansas City Chiefs injury report
- The Chiefs currently have no players on their active injury report
Chargers vs. Chiefs how to watch
- Date: Sunday, Oct. 22
- Game Time: 4:25 p.m. EST
- Venue: GEHA Field at Arrowhead Stadium
- How to Watch (TV): CBS
- Los Angeles Chargers Record: 2-3
- Kansas City Chiefs Record: 5-1
Chargers vs. Chiefs key players to watch
Los Angeles Chargers
Justin Herbert: After Monday night's loss, people are starting to question Justin Herbert. He's still a great quarterback, but is he the elite player we all thought he was? He has a big chance to silence the critics and beat their divisional rival in Week 7. As is usually the case, he's the guy to watch on Sunday.
Kansas City Chiefs
Rashee Rice: The Chiefs have been desperate to find out who their No. 1 guy at wideout is, and Rashee Rice has started to establish himself as that guy. His snap count as increased each week and he continues to deliver in every game. He's the key to the Chiefs attacking this Chargers secondary.
Chargers vs. Chiefs prediction and pick
Every week, I pick one team to pull off the upset as underdogs. This week, that team is the Los Angeles Chargers.
The Chiefs have been playing with fire the past few weeks, allowing far inferior opponents to stick around far too long in their games. They've come out with the win in each of those games, but that can't last forever.
The Chargers defense has made huge improvements in recent weeks, and while their offense didn't look great on Monday, they can hang with the Chiefs when they're firing on all cylinders.
It's time to buy low on the Chargers after their Week 6 loss. I think they win this game outright on Sunday.
Odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.
You can check out all of Iain's bets here!