The Los Angeles Chargers are eliminated from the playoffs but they still have some fight left in them, taking the Buffalo Bills down to the wire in Week 16.
Now, we have a battle of backups and Easton Stick and the Chargers head to Denver to take on the Broncos, led by backup quarterback, Jarrett Stidham, who will get the start after the team announced they are benching Russell Wilson for the remainder of the season.
If you want my best bets for the rest of the Week 17 slate, you can find them in the latest edition of the "Road to 272 Bets".
If you want to get in on the action, be sure to sign up for an account at DraftKings Sportsbook. For a limited time, new users who click the link below to sign up for an account will instantly receive $150 in bonus bets when they place their first $5 wager!
Chargers vs. Broncos odds, spread, and total
Chargers vs. Broncos betting trends
- Chargers are 2-5 ATS in their last seven games
- The UNDER is 10-3 in the Chargers' last 13 games
- Chargers are 3-6 ATS in their last nine games vs. Broncos
- Chargers are 1-9 straight up in their last 10 games played in Denver
- Broncos are 2-4 ATS in their last six games
- The UNDER is 7-3 in the Broncos' last 10 games
- Broncos are 3-14-1 ATS the last 18 times they were set as favorites.
Chargers vs. Broncos injury reports
Los Angeles Chargers injury report
- Kenneth Murray Jr. - LB - Questionable
- Joshua Palmer - WR - Questionable
- Keenan Allen - WR - Questionable
- Deane Leonard - CB - Questioanble
- Nick Williams - DT - Questionable
Denver Broncos injury report
- Justin Simmons - S - Questionable
- Marvin Mims Jr. - WR - Questionable
- Courtland Sutton - WR - Questionable
- Baron Browning - LB - Questionable
- Dwayne Washington - RB - Questionable
Chargers vs. Broncos how to watch
- Date: Sunday, Dec. 31st
- Game Time: 4:25 p.m. EST
- Venue: Empower Field at Mile High
- How to Watch (TV): CBS
- Los Angeles Chargers Record: 5-10
- Denver Broncos Record: 7-8
Chargers vs. Broncos key players to watch
Los Angeles Chargers
Easton Stick: The Chargers backup quarterback has played better than people expected, averaging 7.3 yards per pass attempt while sporting a quarterback rating of 94.4. It's obviously a small sample size, but his rating currently sits at a better mark than Justin Herbert's this year, which is 93.2. Each game we see him play in we get a better idea of just how good he is.
Jarrett Stidham: The former New England Patriots and Las Vegas Raider will get the start on Sunday and it'll just be the third start of his NFL career. Things haven't been great the few times we saw him, completing just 58.8% of passes for six touchdowns and seven interceptions. Are the Broncos throwing in the towel or can Stidham lead them to an eighth win?
Chargers vs. Broncos prediction and pick
I have no interest in laying points with the Broncos even with them playing Easton Stick and the imploding Chargers on their home field. Not only are they not as good as their record, ranking 31st in Net Yards per Play at -0.9, but they don't play a style of play that lends itself to winning with margin.
Instead, I'll back the Chargers who already looked much better in their first game without Brandon Staley, taking the Buffalo Bills down to the wire. Let's also give Easton Stick some credit, he has looked solid this season with a quarterback rating of 94.4.
Give me the points with Los Angeles.
Odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.
You can check out all of Iain's bets here!