UPDATE: Austin Ekeler has officially been ruled OUT vs the Las Vegas Raiders.
Los Angeles Chargers running back Austin Ekeler has returned to practice this week on a limited basis, but he will not play against the Las Vegas Raiders, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter.
Ekeler has missed the Chargers last two games with an ankle injury, and it appears the team will use the bye week before having him return.
If he can practice again on Friday, he should be listed at least as questionable against Las Vegas.
Austin Ekeler injury status for Week 4 game against Las Vegas Raiders
Austin Ekeler is listed as doubtful for Week 4 against the Las Vegas Raiders.
Best Austin Ekeler prop bet if he plays in Week 4 against the Raiders
Joshua Kelley anytime touchdown scorer
While he hasn't looked good the last few weeks, Joshua Kelley is the best bet to find the end zone on the ground for the Chargers.
Kelley had over 100 rushing yards and a score in Week 1, but since then he's only racked up 51 rushing yards on 24 carries.
The bright side? He's still seen double-digit carries in both games without Ekeler despite his ineffectiveness. As long as that continues, the Chargers running back should have a shot to find the end zone.
FanDuel Sportsbook has a great offer for new user that want to bet on the Chargers-Raiders matchup this week.
All you need to do is sign up with the link below, deposit and wager $5 to receive $200 in bonus bets.
Austin Ekeler injury history
Ekeler has missed the last two games for the Chargers. He’s dealt with injuries in his career, but most haven’t been long-term issues.
- Dec. 2017: Hand Wrist Fracture – played through injury for rest of season
- Dec. 2018: Cervical Neck Stinger – missed two games
- Dec. 2018: Head Cranial Concussion Grade 1 – missed two games
- Oct. 2020: Thigh Hamstring Strain Grade 2 – placed on IR, missed six games
- Jan. 2021: Head Cranial Concussion Grade 1 – missed rest of season finale
- 2021: Dealt with Hip and Ankle issues but did not miss time
When is Austin Ekeler coming back?
Ekeler's next chance to play would be against the Dallas Cowboys on Monday Night Football in Week 6. The Chargers are on the bye in Week 5.
Los Angeles Chargers next 5 opponents
- Dallas Cowboys, Monday, Oct. 16
- Kansas City Chiefs, Sunday, Oct. 22
- Chicago Bears, Sunday, Oct. 29
- New York Jets, Monday, Nov. 6
- Detroit Lions, Sunday, Nov. 12
Los Angeles Chargers injury report
- Joey Bosa – Doubtful
- Alohi Gilman – Questionable
- Derwin James – Doubtful
- Corey Linsley – Out
- Khalil Mack – DNP Thursday
- Austin Ekeler – Doubtful
- Deane Leonard – Doubtful
- JT Woods – Questionable
Las Vegas Raiders injury report
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.
Find Peter Dewey's betting record here.