The Los Angeles Chargers will get a huge part of their offense back in Week 6, as running back Austin Ekeler is off the team’s injury report and good to go against the Dallas Cowboys on Monday Night Football.
Ekeler has not played since Week 1 of the season when he suffered an ankle injury. Prior to exiting that game, Ekeler had 16 carries for 117 yards and a score, as well as four catches for 47 yards.
Arguably the Chargers’ most dynamic weapon, Ekeler should give the team a chance to win as a short home underdog on Monday.
Austin Ekeler injury status for Week 6 game vs. Dallas Cowboys
Ekeler is not listed on the injury report for Week 6 against Dallas. He is set to play.
Best Austin Ekeler prop bet for Week 6 vs. Dallas Cowboys
Austin Ekeler OVER 49.5 rushing yards
It’s possible oddsmakers are bracing for Ekeler having a lighter role in Week 6, but this number is a crazy value in this matchup.
Ekeler has averaged 53.0 or more rushing yards in each of the last three seasons prior to the 2023 campaign, and he cleared 100 yards in his lone game this season. Meanwhile, the Dallas defense has struggled against the run, allowing 4.5 yards per carry this season.
As long as the Chargers don’t get in a negative game script early, they should rely on Ekeler to move the ball on the ground in this matchup.
If you want to tail – or fade – this prop for Austin Ekerl, you can do so at DraftKings Sportsbook. New users that sign up with the link below, deposit and wager $5 will instantly receive $200 in bonus bets!
Austin Ekeler injury history
Ekeler has missed the last three games for the Chargers, but he is returning for the team after the bye week in Week 5.
Here’s his full injury history:
- Dec. 2017: Hand Wrist Fracture – played through injury for rest of season
- Dec. 2018: Cervical Neck Stinger – missed two games
- Dec. 2018: Head Cranial Concussion Grade 1 – missed two games
- Oct. 2020: Thigh Hamstring Strain Grade 2 – placed on IR, missed six games
- Jan. 2021: Head Cranial Concussion Grade 1 – missed rest of season finale
- 2021: Dealt with Hip and Ankle issues but did not miss time
- Sept. 2023: Ankle – missed three games
When is Austin Ekeler coming back?
Ekeler is expected to return in Week 6 after missing the team’s three games from Week 2 through Week 4. He was taken off the injury report this week.
Los Angeles Chargers next 5 opponents
- Kansas City Chiefs, Sunday, Oct. 22
- Chicago Bears, Sunday, Oct. 29
- New York Jets, Monday, Nov. 6
- Detroit Lions, Sunday, Nov. 12
- Green Bay Packers, Sunday, Nov. 19
Los Angeles Chargers injury report
- Joey Bosa – questionable
- Alohi Gilman – doubtful
- Deane Leonard – doubtful
- Donald Parham Jr. – questionable
- Nick Williams – questionable
- Josh Palmer – questionable
Dallas Cowboys injury report
- Chuma Edoga – questionable
- C.J. Goodwin – out
- Malik Hooker – questionable
- Jonathan Hankins – questionable
- Tony Pollard – questionable
- Tyron Smith – questionable
- Juanyeh Thomas – doubtful
- KaVontae Turpin – questionable
- Leighton Vander Esch – out
- Donovan Wilson – questionable
- Nahshon Wright – questionable
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.
Find Peter Dewey's betting record here.