Los Angeles Chargers running back Austin Ekeler has “no timetable” to return to action after missing the team’s Week 2 game against the Tennessee Titans.
Ekeler was injured in Week 1 against the Miami Dolphins, and he's been ruled out for the second straight game, this time against the Minnesota Vikings.
The Chargers – who are 0-2 this season – operated with Joshua Kelley as their No. 1 back in Week 2. He did not play as well as he did in Week 1, but Los Angeles needs him to step with Ekeler out.
Austin Ekeler injury status for Week 3 game against Minnesota Vikings
Austin Ekeler has been ruled out for Week 3 against Minnesota.
Best Chargers prop bet target with Austin Ekeler out
Keenan Allen anytime touchdown scorer
Allen stepped up in a big way for the Chargers in Week 2, finding the end zone twice and reeling in eight passes for 111 yards in the process.
After Kelley struggled in a feature role against the Titans, I’d much rather look to this Chargers passing game to find someone to hit paydirt.
Allen is the clear No. 1 receiver on this team, and as long as he’s healthy he still looks to be in his prime. I don’t mind taking him to score again on Sunday.
No matter how you wager on the game – or the prop market – between the Chargers and Vikings, FanDuel Sportsbook has a great offer for new users.
All you need to do is sign up with the link below, deposit and wager $5 to receive $200 in bonus bets and $100 off NFL Sunday Ticket!
Austin Ekeler injury history
Injuries really haven’t been a big part of Ekeler’s career, as he played in every game last season. However, he’s still had times where he’s been banged up:
- Dec. 2017: Hand Wrist Fracture – played through injury for rest of season
- Dec. 2018: Cervical Neck Stinger – missed two games
- Dec. 2018: Head Cranial Concussion Grade 1 – missed two games
- Oct. 2020: Thigh Hamstring Strain Grade 2 – placed on IR, missed six games
- Jan. 2021: Head Cranial Concussion Grade 1 – missed rest of season finale
- 2021: Dealt with Hip and Ankle issues but did not miss time
When is Austin Ekeler coming back?
Ekeler stated that he’d like to come back “sooner rather than later” but there is no clear timetable for his return to action.
For now, he has a chance to play in Week 4. The Chargers are on the bye in Week 5, so it’s possible they hold him out through that week.
Los Angeles Chargers next 5 opponents
- Las Vegas Raiders, Sunday, Oct. 1
- Dallas Cowboys, Monday, Oct. 16
- Kansas City Chiefs, Sunday, Oct. 22
- Chicago Bears, Sunday, Oct. 29
- New York Jets, Monday, Nov. 6
Los Angeles Chargers injury report
- Joey Bosa – questionable, hamstring
- Austin Ekeler – out, ankle
- Daiyan Henley – questionable, hamstring
- Christopher Hinton – questionable, back
- Eric Kendricks – out, hamstring
- Chris Rumph II – questionable, hamstring
Minnesota Vikings injury report
- Marcus Davenport – out ankle
- Garrett Bradbury – questionable, back
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.