Week 16 is here and unfortunately for the Los Angeles Chargers and their fans, there will be no excitement this time of year as there was last year.
Despite the team being 5-9 and playing out the string in these last two games, there is still something to play for. Plus, there is the fact that the Oakland Raiders are the team’s hated divisional rival and they already beat the Chargers earlier this year.
The Chargers need to find a way to finish the year strong.
- The Raiders (6-8) have a sliver of hope to make the playoffs as they are a team that is still “in the hunt”. A loss to the Chargers would officially eliminate them.
- The Raiders will be without Josh Jacobs at running back. He ran for 71 yards and the game-winning touchdown in the first meeting with the Chargers this season.
- Russell Okung will not play for the Chargers and rookie third-round pick Trey Pipkins will make the start at left tackle.
- This will be the final meeting between these teams with the Raiders playing in Oakland. They will be playing in Las Vegas beginning next season.
- This will be the Chargers’ final game at Dignity Health Sports Park as the team will move into So-Fi Stadium beginning next season.
While watching the game, use the open thread in the comment section below to talk about the game and the state of the Chargers with fellow fans of the team. It’s not too early to talk about next season and the changes we could see as well.
Following the game, we will have our usual postgame coverage right here.
Kickoff is scheduled for 1:05 p.m. PT and the game will be televised on CBS. Greg Gumbel and Trent Green will have the call.