- The Chargers are 1-2, and that’s that. They have looked good in certain moments and horrible in others. The Bolts are in need of a full 60-minute, four-quarter game from everyone on the field. The Kansas City Chiefs haven’t lost a step and have shot out to a 3-0 start, leaving the Chargers two games behind. With a favorable schedule for a few weeks, the Chargers need to take advantage of this and get into a groove as guys like James and Phillips work on getting healthier.
- The defense needs a complete game, can’t win playing well in only certain areas. Playmakers have stepped up and hopefully, the rookies get a chance to make an impact.
- The offense needs to maintain a balance and keep its foot on the gas in the second half.
- Allen is a top wide receiver in the league and has been the Chargers’ MVP thus far.
- The offensive line is good in the run game and poor in pass protection. Penalties have proved costly on several occasions.
- Injuries are awful, but can’t do anything about it until guys get healthy.
The Chargers will head to Miami on Sunday to take on the winless Dolphins. This game is a good chance to see if rookies (specifically Jerry Tillery, Adderley and Tranquill) will get a chance to get some meaningful time and get more acclimated to the game speed. The Chargers are 16.5-point favorites, but we’ll see if they can take care of business like they should.