The Los Angeles Chargers have unveiled their training camp schedule for 2019, with a few fun surprises found throughout…
The Los Angeles Chargers have announced training camp dates for summer of 2019, which you can find on the team’s official website here.
There are 13 practices open to the public in total, with six in July and seven in August. Notable highlights include:
- Los Angeles Rams joint practice on Thursday, August 11th, at 10 AM.
- Two New Orleans Saints joint practices on Thursday, August 15th, and Friday, August 16th, at 10 AM.
- One night practice on Monday, August 12th, at a time yet to be determined.
The Chargers will play in their first preseason game on August 8th against the Arizona Cardinals, but their second game (a home game) will feature the Saints on August 18th, just a few days removed from practicing twice against them as mentioned above.
Bolt Beat will be there (as of right now) on the following days:
- Thursday, July 25th (first day)
- Sunday, July 28th
- Thursday, August 1st (Rams practice)
- Thursday, August 15th (Saints practice)
Since many of the Chargers’ veteran starters are expected to be resting for much of the offseason, fans are more likely to see new faces on the field more regularly than they would have in previous years. This year will feature a number of training camp battles, which include punter, wide receiver four and five, offensive guard, corner No. 2, and quarterback (Easton Stick vs Cardale Jones). From experience, the venue is solid and the parking isn’t bad, but be prepared to bake on the bleachers if the sun comes out. It is Southern California, after all? Hope to see you there!