Although the Los Angeles Chargers’ game outcomes have remained consistent, their fantasy production has been quite the opposite.
The Chargers put up a relatively significant amount of points against the Philadelphia Eagles but their fantasy output was rather inconsistent. In their upcoming matchup with the similarly winless New York Giants, the Bolts have the opportunity to put up good numbers this week.
Let’s look at some of the significant performances from last week:
With yet another strong performance last week against the Eagles, Philip Rivers’ poor performance against the Kansas City Chiefs seems to be an outlier. His performance against the Eagles was very strong, as he threw for close to 350 yards and two touchdowns.
Although Rivers may have issues with consistency, his ceiling is very high in fantasy terms. Consider him a borderline QB1 against an ailing Giants defense this week.
While Melvin Gordon was relatively consistent throughout the first three weeks, he had a very poor outing against the Eagles. With just 22 yards on 10 carries, Gordon’s production was subpar.
Although his poor performance last week may be disheartening, Gordon remains a strong RB1 in fantasy terms, as hopefully a bounce back week is in the making.
After a big week against the Eagles, some may overvalue Tyrell Williams in many formats this week. His large performance has mostly to do with long touchdown catch that he had.
While Williams may be enticing due to his high score last week, do not overvalue him this week, as he will likely return to normal production. Williams is a decent Flex play this week.
Start or Sit?
Here are the players previously mentioned along with some who were not, with the parentheses indicating the tier of each player in fantasy terms and my projection for them this week.
- Philip Rivers – Start (QB1/QB2) – My Projection: 16 points (Standard)
- Melvin Gordon – Start (RB1) – My Projection: 12 points (Standard), 14 points (PPR)
- Keenan Allen – Start (WR1) – My Projection: 10 points (Standard), 15 points (PPR)
- Tyrell Williams – Start (WR3/Flex) – My Projection: 6 points (Standard), 9 points (PPR)
- Hunter Henry – Bench (TE1/TE2) – My Projection: 5 points (Standard), 8 points (PPR)
- Travis Benjamin – Bench (WR4) – My Projection: 2 points (Standard), 4 points (PPR)
- Antonio Gates – Bench (TE2) – My Projection: 3 points (Standard), 5 points (PPR)
- Austin Ekeler – Bench (RB3) – My Projection: 3 points (Standard), 5 points (PPR)
- Dontrelle Inman – Bench (WR5) – My Projection: 1 point (Standard), 2 points (PPR)
What are you expecting out of the Bolts this week in fantasy? Let us know your thoughts in the comment section.