Nov 12, 2013; Toledo, OH, USA; Buffalo Bulls linebacker Khalil Mack (46) hits his chest during the third quarter against the Toledo Rockets at Glass Bowl. The Rockets beat the Bulls 51-41. Mandatory Credit: Raj Mehta-USA TODAY Sports
Hi guys here is my weekly mock draft.
This mock is different from what we are seeing everywhere on the internet lately. I worked hard to find a different but plausible scenario that involves a lot of trades.
1. Houston Texans: Khalil Mack, DE/OLB, Buffalo
The Texans will wait till the second round to take their QB because there is no QB worthy of the first overall pick. So they will have to choose between Mack and Clowney. Ultimately I feel like Clowney is too risky to be the first overall. His work ethics and his behavior are big red flags. On the other hand Mack is a better fit for their scheme and he has absolutely no red flags. They will draft him and let someone else gamble on Clowney.
2. ***TRADE UP***Cleveland Browns: Johnny Manziel, QB, Texas A&M
The Browns need a signal caller more than any other position. They could wait and hope that Jacksonville won’t take him but they have two first round pick so they will move up and secure their new ”face of the franchise” quarterback. They will give their two 2014 first round pick to the Rams.
3. ***TRADE UP*** Atlanta Falcons: Jadeveon Clowney, DE, South Carolina
With Clowney still on the board the Falcons have to make a move for him. He is the perfect player for their defence and the missing piece. Jacksonville will gladly take some extra picks in this deep draft and let the Falcons take a risk on Clowney. The Falcons will have to give their 2014 second and fifth round pick to move up.
4. ***TRADE DOWN***St. Louis Rams: Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson
Fisher historically doesn’t draft OL with the first round pick so the Rams will take the best WR of the draft in a heartbeat.
5. ***TRADE UP***Minnesota Vikings: Blake Bortles, QB, Central Florida
Vikings have a crying need at quarterback. The Raiders will be looking to trade down and the Vikings might want to jump in front of Jacksonville to secure Bortles. Vikings will give their 2014 third and fourth or fifth round pick(it will depend on how negotiations go).
6. ***TRADE DOWN***Jacksonville Jaguars: Teddy Bridgewater, QB, Louisville
Bridgewater may seem to slide in some mock drafts but he is a great fit in Jacksonville and they need a quarterback. He is the most pro ready quarterback of the draft. Because of the trade down they will have some extra picks to surround him with young talent.
7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Greg Robinson, OT, Auburn
The Buccaneers have to protect who ever their starting quarterback will be. They are lucky that Robinson is still available and they will pick him over Matthews. Robinson has more upside and he is a better run blocker. Doug Martin will love to run behind him. Great pick and great value.
8. ***TRADE DOWN***Oakland Raiders: Jake Matthews, OT, Texas A&M
Now the Raiders will probably hesitate between Evans and Matthews but at the end of the day Matthews is the sure pick and he is the best player available.
9. Buffalo Bills: Eric Ebron, TE, North Carolina
The Bills have to choose between Ebron and Evans. I think it will be a close one but they will go with the best TE in the draft and wait in the second or third round to select a WR.
10.Detroit Lions: Mike Evans, WR, Texas A&M
The Lions fans will be exited by this pick. Evans will have the chance to learn from by the best receiver in the NFL. His future can only be bright.
11. Tennessee Titans: Anthony Barr, DE/OLB, UCLA
Titans will switch to a 3-4 defence and they need a pass rusher to do so. Yes they signed Shaun Phillips but he is old and probably just a one year deal. They need a young pass rusher. Barr is raw but he has a lot of upside and Phillips will help him to develop his talent.
12. New York Giants: Aaron Donald, DT, Pittsburgh
Giants get the best interior defensive player of the draft. Donald is a beast and he will make the Giants defensive line a force again.
13. St. Louis Rams: Taylor Lewan, OT, Michigan
I know I said Fisher don’t draft a O-line with a top pick and the Rams need to boost their secondary but if Lewan is there they have to take him. Bradford have to be protected if they want him to play 16 games and more.
14. Chicago Bears: Justin Gilbert, CB, Oklahoma State
Bears need a cornerback but they also lost their returner in FA(Hester). Lucky for them Gilbert is on the board and he will fill both roles.
15. Pittsburgh Steelers: Odell Beckham Jr, WR, LSU
Steelers need an upgrade in their secondary. But they also need a WR and Beckham is the best player available.
16. Dallas Cowboys: CJ. Mosley, ILB, Alabama
I feel like the Cowboys have to take the best defensive player available in the first round. They need help everywhere on the defensive side of the ball. It will be a close one between Clinton-Dix and Mosley but the Cowboys will decide to give J.J. Wilcox a chance to start next year at the safety position. He is a 2013 third round pick and he had his moments last year. So they will draft a sideline to sideline linebacker to help Sean Lee.
17. Baltimore Ravens: Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, S, Alabama
Ravens will move Elam to SS. Clinton-Dix is a perfect complement to him. They will now have two young safeties who have the potential to become one of the best duo in the NFL in a few years.
18. New York Jets: Brandin Cooks, WR, Oregon State
Jets have to take the best offensive weapon on the board and that is Cooks. The Jets defence is already very good but the offence is holding this team back. Cooks is similar to Tavon Austin in terms of speed and size so Geno Smith should love throwing the ball to him.
19. Miami Dolphins: Zack Martin, T/G, Notre Dame
20. Arizona Cardinals: Kony Ealy, DE, Missouri
21. Green Bay Packers: Calvin Pryor, S, Louisville
22. Philadelphia Eagles: Kyle Fuller, CB, Virginia Tech
23.***TRADE UP*** San Francisco 49ers: Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan State
If Dennard falls to the Chiefs I think the 49ers will make a move. Dennard fits their schemes and they need a corner badly. They will have to give their 2014 third and sixth round pick.
24. Cincinnati Bengals: Jason Verrett, CB, TCU
25. ***TRADE UP***Carolina Panthers: Marquise Lee, WR, USC
With the Saints and the Chargers in front of them the Panthers can’t wait and hope that Lee falls to them. If they want him they have to move up a few spot. It won’t be an expensive trade and with Verrett already off the board the Chargers will be more than willing to trade down. The Panthers will give a 2014 fourth and fifth or sixth round pick(it will depends on how negotiations go),
26. St. Louis Rams: Bradley Roby, CB. Ohio State
27. New Orleans Saints: Demarcus Lawrence, DE, Boise StateJimmie Ward, FS/CB, Northern Illinois
28. ***TRADE DOWN***San Diego Chargers: Louis Nix III, DT, Notre Dame
With all the first round CBs already off the board the Chargers will have to choose between Su’a-Filo, Nix and a pass rusher like Van Noy. Van Noy might be a reach in the first round and the Chargers don’t have a true NT. Nix is a bargain at 28th and he is a great fit. But if Nix end up being the selection don’t be surprise if the Chargers use their extra picks to trade up in the second round to draft a corner. My bet would be a trade up for P.Désir.
29. New England Patriots: Ra’Shede Hageman, DT, Minnesota
30. ***TRADE DOWN***Kansas City Chiefs: Xavier Su’a-Filo, G, UCLA
The Chiefs need a guard and Su’a-Filo is a no brainer at this point. He is the best player available. Great pick and great value.
31. Denver Broncos: Ryan Shazier, OLB, Ohio State
32. Seattle Seahawks: Cody Latimer, WR, Indiana
Tell me what you guys think !