BB Mock Drafts: San Diego Chargers All-Time Special Teams Players
By Ernie Padaon
Dec 11, 2011; Jacksonville, FL, USA; Jacksonville Jaguars wide receiver Kassim Osgood (81) on the sidelines during the fourth quarter of a game the Jaguars beat the Tampa Bay Buccaneers 41-14 at EverBank Field. Mandatory Credit: Jake Roth-USA TODAY Sports
In the end, mock drafts are really pointless. We love looking them over, but when the draft actually happens, is there any mock draft that guessed the whole first round correct? All these NFL GMs have different things rolling around in their dome pieces and they ruin all of our logic for their selections. Then some people start trading picks around and it all goes down the crapper.
We won’t stop doing those mock drafts around here, but in the season of mock drafts, the BB crew will be mock drafting all kinds of random things also. It could be Charger related or it could be some other thing we pulled out of thin air, like super hero powers.
We are going to start out the series of BB Mock Drafts with something more San Diego Chargers related. The BB crew are mock drafting. All-Time San Diego Chargers Special Teams Players.
With the first pick, in the 2013 BB Mock Draft…
1. Ernie Padaon: P Darren BennettI can’t resist the freaking accent! Dude can punt the crap out of the ball and somehow can control how it bounces. Honestly though, if he didn’t have an accent, he wouldn’t be my first pick!
2. Booga P: RB Lionel Little Train JamesOne of my favorite Chargers of all time. A serious threat as a return man. At one point held the record for most all purpose yards in a season. He did so by racking up a good amount of yards on both kick and punt returns. He was also a nice option out of the backfield as a receiver. #26
3. Jake Hefner: WR Kassim OsgoodUndrafted in 2003 out of San Diego State, Osgood became a 3X Pro Bowler in 06′ 07′ and 09′. Given the unofficial title of “Mayor of San Diego”, Osgood mainly made his presence felt on Special Teams and became the Captain of a unit that in my opinion hasn’t been the same since he left in 2010.
4. ChargerGirl Cindi: RB Darren SprolesPunt returns for touchdowns and turns out he is an every down back. Plus, he’s adorable.
5. Dan Locke: Hank BauerA special teams tackling machine and holds the NFL single season record for special teams tackles with 52! He was named one of the 50 Greatest Chargers and isn’t a bad broadcaster either.
6. The Waco Kid: K Nate KaedingI know this isn’t a popular choice, but until a blocked field goal at the end of this season when he was with the Miami Dolphins, he was the most accurate kicker in NFL history. I know his playoff record leaves something to be desired, but I would argue we would not have been there at all without him.
Also, my wife owns and wears his jersey
Then Booga is in the stands laughing and pointing at Waco Kid for selecting Kaeding before John Carney. The Waco Kid stands by his opinion… PLUS his wife has his jersey! Cindi comes in and says, before Kaeding or Carney, give some love to Rolf Benieschke!
7. Anthony Corbala: WR Tim DwightJust love how the dude played.
8. Joey Nicks: P Mike Scifres
Joey tried to pick Darren Sproles first, but Cindi hit him with the stiff arm and Nicks had to settle with Scifres.
There you go Beaters! Make you picks in the comments section and give a good reason. Also, if you have some ideas for our next mock draft, give some ideas in the comments section also.