Chargers at Browns: Bolt Predictions
By Ernie Padaon
Christopher Hanewinckel-US PRESSWIRE
Is there a little seed of doubt in everyone’s mind about the Chargers going up against the crappy Browns?
Of course there is. These Chargers have ripped our hearts out over and over again, but we still keep crawling back thinking that something will change.
Are you predicting a blow out or a close game? Vegas is prediciting a close game, setting the spread at -3 for the game. The Browns have been caught up in a lot of close games this year and we could be in for another one.
Here are some predictions for the game:
– There will be multiple references of chill pills and sticky hands/towels/gloves throughout Sunday morning. When Atari Bigby actually catches an interception, we will all mention stick’um! This is just how we work!
– “FIRE NORV” will be said even if we have a 14 point lead. We had a 24 point lead and we should have fired him on a good note at the half.
– Danario Alexander will make one acrobatic catch in the game and all of Chargers Nation will ask for him to replace Meachem in the starting lineup immediately.
– A quarter of fans will realize that the game starts at 10am in the morning and miss the whole first quarter. Halloween parties are on Saturday, so there will be hangovers aplenty.
– Once the second half starts, Chargers fans will have their stomachs all jacked up worried about another epic collapse. Just take some pepto bismo, the team will be able to close out the Browns.
– Atari Bigby will bite on the play action again and leave a receiver wide open for a huge play, but Weeden won’t be able to make the throw. Because the throw was not made, we will forget about it and think that the secondary stepped up huge in the game.
– I will stil complain about the way the coaches use Ryan Mathews and Melvin Ingram after the game.
(I just looked back at the predictions that I just wrote and it still looks like I am bitter!)
– Philip Rivers will be efficient, but not spectacular.
– I will HATE every single time Ronnie Brown gets onto the field and will know that we are calling a passing play.
– The defense and special teams set up the offense for success. They have been doing it all season and this is a matchup that they will be able to make good things happen again. The offense will enjoy some short fields.
– We will get a nice win, but at the end we will say “It was just the Browns!”
– Player of the game will be Eric Weddle