AccuScore: Top 5 Projected NFL Fantasy WR for Week 4
By Bart Lopez
AccuScore is an expert betting system that highlights weekly Expert Picks with the best chance for success. AccuScore uses historical performance and current rosters to run thousands of simulations in order to calculate individual player stat lines and probable game outcomes.
1. Calvin Johnson (DET): Johnson is the number one projected wide receiver for week 4, as he should be. Johnson has caught two touchdowns every week this season, not to mention the 225 yards that went with them. This week he is up against the Dallas Cowboys defense, which is ranked 12th in opposing passing yards. Expect Johnson not to be slowed down by the Dallas secondary. Projected fantasy points: 15.1.
2. Wes Welker (NE): To put it simply, Wes Welker’s week 3 performance against the Bills was ridiculous. The veteran caught 16 passes for 217 yards and two touchdowns. While he may not duplicate those numbers this week, he will surely have success against the Oakland Raiders defense, which has struggled against the pass with an opponent passing yards ranking of 28th. Projected fantasy points: 14.9.
3. Greg Jennings (GB): Aaron Rodgers’ favorite target is third on the list. Jennings is coming off a solid game against the Bears, catching nine passes for 119 yards. This week the Packers play the Broncos, a team that has defended the pass well so far this season but has yet to play against a recent pro-bowl quarterback. Expect the Green Bay offense to continue to put up points, and for Jennings to play an important role. Projected fantasy points: 12.4.
4. Vincent Jackson (SD): Jackson and the Chargers under-performed last week against the Chiefs. The wide receiver caught five passes for only 63 yards. Jackson will turn things around this week as he will be facing a Miami Dolphins defense that is ranked close to last in opponent passing yards. Expect Jackson and the Chargers offense to put up good numbers before their week 5 bye. Projected fantasy points: 12.3.
5. Larry Fitzgerald (ARI): Although he’s not putting up the same numbers he did with Kurt Warner behind center, Larry Fitzgerald is still one of the best wide receivers in football. The past two weeks he has average around 90 receiving yards and a touchdown per game. This week he will face the New York Giants defense. The Giants have had trouble defending the pass, so look for Fitzgerald to play well. Projected fantasy points: 11.3.
Not Top 5, but could be: This week’s wide receiver that isn’t in the top five but should be on everyone’s radar is Pittsburgh’s Mike Wallace. Wallace has racked up over 100 yards receiving in every game this season, and is coming off a 144 yard game against the Indianapolis Colts. He is Ben Roethlisberger’s favorite target and is bound to get plenty of opportunities this week against the Texans. Projected fantasy points: 10.8.