Top 5 NFL Fantasy Quarterbacks for Week 3:AccuScore
By Bart Lopez
AccuScore is an expert betting system that highlights weekly Expert Picks with the best chance for success. AccuScore uses historical performance and current rosters to run thousands of simulations in order to calculate individual player stat lines and probable game outcomes.
1. Drew Brees (NO): This week’s top fantasy quarterback is the leader of the New Orleans Saints, Drew Brees. Last week against the supposedly tough Chicago defense, he was exceptional yet again, throwing for 270 yards and three touchdowns. This week he’ll be up against a Texans defense, while first in opponent passing yards, has yet to face a top tier quarterback. Expect the Saints offense and Brees to put up big numbers. Projected fantasy points: 20.8.
2. Aaron Rodgers (GB): The champ with the belt is second on the list after another great passing performance against the Panthers. He finished with a passer rating of 119.9. Rodgers’ next opponent is Chicago, which has had some issues defensively, especially against the pass. The Bears are ranked 27th in opponent passing yards at 270, so expect Rodgers to mimic what Brees did against them in week 2 by putting up points through the air. Projected fantasy points: 19.3.
3. Philip Rivers (SD): Rivers had a tough game last week because of a tough opponent. The Chargers lost by 14 to the Patriots, and Rivers finished with 378 yards, two touchdowns, and two interceptions. Week 3 will be much easier for him because he’ll be facing the awful Chiefs defense. Kansas City has been blown out the past two weeks facing Ryan Fitzgerald and Matthew Stafford. Rivers is going to have a field day. Projected fantasy points: 19.1.
4. Tom Brady (NE): Compared to his week 1 performance Brady had an off day but compared to the rest of the league he was exceptional in week 2. In two weeks Brady has thrown for 940 yards and seven touchdowns. His next opponent is Buffalo. The Bills have surprised a lot of people by playing very well, but their defense has yet to face a quarterback of Brady’s caliber. Expect more fantastic numbers and another solid fantasy day from Brady in week 3. Projected fantasy points: 18.9.
5. Tony Romo (DAL): Last on the list is Dallas quarterback Tony Romo. He had a solid game against the 49ers in week 2, finishing with 345 yards passing and a couple of touchdowns. He was injured in the game with broken ribs and a punctured lung but he looks good to go for Sunday. He’ll be facing the Redskins, which are 17th in opponent passing yards, at home. He’ll thrive at home and put up good numbers. Projected fantasy points: 17.4.