The very first game of the pre-season is on THURSDAY!! This week we prep for the stinking Seattle Seahawks and we will get to test out or special teams against Leon Washington to see if we made any improvements from last year. I checked in with the editor of 12th Man Rising, Jude Wilmot, from our FanSided network to get a little inside information on their squad. I asked him a few questions and here is what he had to say:1. Did you see Pete Carroll ask his twitter followers to call the first play for you guys against us? What do you think and did you send in a suggestion?No/I think that it is a great way to get the fans involved and pumped for a new season. No, I did not send a suggestion.
2. Have you ever met charliemac64? He makes a lot of vids on your Seahawks during game time and I talked to him a bit and he is hilarious. Don’t call him House!No.
I feel like I need to add a note to all of you, because he has no idea and I am sure that you all don’t know much of the dude either. Last year, we played the Sea Birds and I discovered charliemac64. He he makes vids on every home game for Seattle. Check out his video of Leon Washington killing us last year:
3. Do you feel like you made an upgrade at the QB position with the departure of Matt Hassebach and the arrival of Tavaris Jackson?I’m not sure if Tarvaris is an upgrade, as he still hasn’t really proven himself in the NFL, yet. As far as age, talent and potential, yes, in that light he is an upgrade. He offers one major skill that I’m not sure the Seahawks have ever really had…a very strong ability to scramble. Jackson will spread out defenses with his legs, creating plays instead of waiting for them to develop. Hasselbeck, is without question, a pocket QB. Over the past few years he didn’t have the talent around him in Seattle to cater to his style. Best of luck to him in Tennessee.
4. What do you think of the rest of the offseason moves that you all made? Sidney Rice and Zach Miller are huge additions!Sidney Rice, Tarvaris Jackson and Zach Miller, are the most exciting free agency acquisitions for the ‘Hawks. I’m excited to see what they can do. Rice, brings added height and talent to the WR corps. Tarvaris, well, I guess readers can refer to the last question for my opinion on him. Miller, was a surprise, ae already have a talented TE in John Carlson. Although it has been reported that the two will share playing time, I think Carlson will eventually leave the team in a trade.
5. What do you feel about the loss of Lofa Tatupu? Where do you think he winds up?The loss of Tatupu is bittersweet. He’s been a great player and leader for Seattle. Seeing him go is difficult, but age and injuries are begining to take there toll on a player that was once one of the best MLBs in the league. Redskins, Raiders, Bears….I’m not sure where he will end up. Wherever he ends up, he will be a solid addition.
6. Does it really rain as much as people say out there?Yes, it rains a lot. But surprisingly, Florida and Alabama, get more annual rainfall than Washington does. We do rank first in the U.S. for the amount of cloudy days we have. An average of 265, I believe.
Thanks go out to Jude and the 12th Man Rising! Maybe I should hit up charliemac64 just to send some smack talk his way and get his insight! Hmmm..