Hi guys here is my weekly mock draft.
There is still some trades in it but less than last week.
1. ***TRADE UP*** Atlanta Falcons: JD. Clowney, DE, South Carolina
Texans will be looking to trade this pick and they might find a trade partner in the Falcons. Atlanta wants to be back into contention. If they want to reach that goal they need to add some pass rush. Clowey will not only bring pass rush but also attitude and physicality. Falcons will have to give next year first round pick and this year first and second.
2. St. Louis Rams: Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson
With Clowney off the board the Rams will have a hard time trading this pick. So they will stay at number 2 and draft the top player on their board. Some might want to see Robinson there but historically Fisher don’t draft OL in the first round.
3. Jacksonville Jaguars: Teddy Bridgewater, QB, Louisville
There are some reports out there saying that Jacksonville are looking to take their quarterback in the second round. I think this is just smokescreens. I also don’t buy all the bad publicities that Bridgewater is getting lately. He is an exceptional leader and his decisions making are NFL ready. He is a ”face of the franchise” type of quarterback and the Jaguars will pull the trigger.
4. Cleveland Browns: Johnny Manziel, QB, Texas A&M
The Browns need a signal caller more than any other position. They could wait and draft a quarterback with their 26th pick but they don’t have the luxury to wait and hope that their guy will be there. Manziel is a playmaker and he will get the fans exited.
5. Oakland Raiders: Greg Robinson, OT, Auburn
Raiders have a though decision to make here. That have to choose between Mack or Robinson. They add a lot of defensive players in FA but they lost their LT. Robinson is the top OL player in the draft and he will bring some aggressiveness and physicality to their O-line.
6. ***TRADE DOWN*** Houston Texans: Khalil Mack, DE/OLB, Buffalo
Texans will be excited that Mack is still available and will draft him with 1.57 seconds on the clock. They need more pass rush and Mack is a versatile player that can be moved around. Great pick and great fit.
7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Jake Matthews, OT, Texas A&M
The Buccaneers have to protect who ever their starting quarterback will be. There are some reports that the Bucs would draft Bortles if he is available but I think he will fall in the draft.
8. Minnesota Vikings: Anthony Barr, DE/OLB, UCLA
Barr is a raw pass rusher but he has a lot of upside. Vikings will draft the replacement for Allen and gets good value.
9. Buffalo Bills: Mike Evans, WR, Texas A&M
The Bills will be very happy that a Wr like Evans falls to them. They need more weapons if they want Manuel to succeed. Evans could very well develop into one of the best in the league in a few years. He has all you want from a #1 receiver.
10.Detroit Lions: Aaron Donald, DT, Pittsburgh
Suh is in his contract year. He should be resign but it isn’t done just yet. Fairley is also in his contract year. Lions will draft Donald to continue to have a great interior D-lineman. He might not fill an immediate need but he is the best player on the board and he gives them flexibility when they will negotiate with Suh and Fairley.
11. Tennesse Titans: Justin Gilbert, CB, Oklahoma State
The Titans have to replace Verner. Who’s better than the best corner in the draft?
12. New York Giants: Eric Ebron, TE, North Carolina
Giants need to add some weapons for Manning. Ebron is an elite pass catcher TE. He could be the next Vernon Davis and Giants can’t pass on him.
13. St. Louis Rams: Taylor Lewan, OT, Michigan
I know I said Fisher don’t draft a O-line with a top pick and the Rams need to boost their secondary but if Lewan is there they have to take him. Bradford have to be protected if they want him to play 16 games.
14. Chicago Bears: Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan State
The Bears biggest need is arguably CB. So Dennard fills a need and he is the type of physical corner that they like.
15. Pittsburgh Steelers: Kyle Fuller, CB, Virginia Tech
Steelers need an upgrade in their secondary. Unfortunately Dennard and Gilbert are gone but Fuller is rising up draft boards lately. At the moment drafting Fuller at 15th is not a reach.
16. Dallas Cowboys: Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, S, Alabama
Cowboys need a player with range and ball skills at the safety position. They are lucky that Clinton-Dix is still available and he will be an immediate game changer in their secondary. Cowboys have Barry Church at the safety position. He is a very good tackler and with Clinton-Dix in town it will allowed Church to play more in the box and do what he does best.
17. Baltimore Ravens: CJ. Mosley, ILB, Alabama
18. New York Jets: Odell Beckham Jr, WR, LSU
19. Miami Dolphins: Zack Martin, T/G, Notre Dame
20. Arizona Cardinals: Blake Bortles, QB, Central Florida
21. Green Bay Packers: Calvin Pryor, S, Louisville
22. Philadelphia Eagles: Brandin Cooks, WR, Oregon State
23. Kansas City Chiefs: Marquise Lee, WR, USC
24. Cincinnati Bengals: Kony Ealy, DE, Missouri
25. ***TRADE UP*** San Francisco 49ers: Bradley Roby, CB, Ohio State
49ers have a lot of draft picks so they can afford to trade up. They need a corner back and with Gilbert, Dennard and Fuller already off the board they can’t afford to sit and wait for Roby to fall to them. They will easily find a trade partner in the Chargers. 49ers will have to give a third round pick to SD to move at their spot.
26. Cleveland Browns: Xavier Su’a-Filo, G, UCLA
27. New Orleans Saints: Dee Ford, DE/OLB, Auburn
28. Carolina Panthers: Kelvin Benjamin, WR, Florida State
29. New England Patriots: Louis Nix III, DT, Notre Dame
30. ***TRADE DOWN*** San Diego Chargers: Jason Verrett, CB, TCU
Drafting Verrett at 30th in no a brainer for the Chargers and they get great value. Trading down in the first round and still get a corner like Verrett is the best case scenario for the Chargers.
31. Denver Broncos: Ryan Shazier, OLB, Ohio State
32. Seattle Seahawks: Davante Adams, WR, Fresno State
Tell me what you guys think !