Hi guys, take a look at my weekly mock draft !
I put some trades into it.
1. Houston Texans: Khalil Mack, DE/OLB, Buffalo
The Texans will wait in the second round to take their Qb because no one worth the first overall pick. They will have to choose between Mack and Clowney. Ultimately Clowney is too risky to be the first overall. His work ethic and behaviour is a big red flag. On the other hand Mack has absolutely no red flags. They will go with him and let someone else gamble on Clowney.
2. ***TRADE UP***Tampa Bay Buccaneers: JD. Clowney, DE, South Carolina
The Rams will find a trade partner in the Buccaneers. They need a pass rusher badly. Lovie Smith is in town and he wants to build a top defence. For doing so he needs a player like Clowney. Clowney could play the same type of role that Peppers played in Chicago.
3. Jacksonville Jaguars: Teddy Bridgewater, QB, Louisville
Jacksonville finally find a quarterback !! I don’t buy all the smokescreen surrounding Bridgewater. He is an exceptional leader and his decisions making are NFL read. He is a ”face of the franchise” type of quarterback.
4. Cleveland Browns: Johnny Manziel, QB, Texas A&M
Cleveland has almost everything right now except a good quarterback. Bring Johnny football in town to throw the ball to J.Gordon. He will get all the fans exited !
5. ***TRADE UP*** Detroit Lions: Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson
The Raiders will be shopping their 5th pick and the lions will make a trade to pull the trigger on Watkins. They like him and they need someone other than Tate on the other side of C.Johnson. Watkins is the missing piece.
6. Atlanta Falcons: Mike Evans, WR, Texas A&M
Atlanta have a though decision to make here. The top LT or Evans. I think they will take Evans because they need to add some playmakers in their offence. Yes they have J.Jones but having Evans on the other side will be a nightmare for years for opposite defence. They can’t pass on that.
7. ***TRADE DOWN*** St. Louis Rams: Greg Robinson, OT, Auburn
At this point it seems like a no brainer for the Rams to select the top LT of the draft. This is Greg Robinson. They need to protect their injury prone QB.
8. Minnesota Vikings: Blake Bortles, QB, Central Florida
I know a lot of Vikings fan don’t want a Qb in the first round but I think this is a smart move. The last thing the Vikings need is a second day quarterback who can’t beat Ponder for the starting job. They need someone who can revive this franchise and throw some balls to C.Patterson and company. Bortles is their guy.
9. Buffalo Bills: Jake Matthews, OT, Texas A&M
Buffalo will go with the best player on their board. That is Jake Matthews. The bills will now have a young Qb and a wall to protect his blindside.
10. ***TRADE UP*** Miami Dolphins: Taylor Lewan, OT, Michigan
The Raiders needs to rebuilt their roster. They will look to add some picks by trading down for the second time ! The Dolphins will trade up to secure Lewan. With Lewan the Dolphins have their LT and RT fixed for next year. When Albert will be gone Lewan will switch to LT.
11. Tennesse Titans: Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan State
The Titans have to replace Verner. Who’s better than the best corner in the draft?
12. ***TRADE UP*** San Diego Chargers: Justin Gilbert, CB, Oklahoma State
With the top 3 LT gone the Giants will try to trade down and add some picks to rebuilt their roster. The Chargers need a returner and a top Corner badly. At 12th they get good value for Gilbert.
13. St. Louis Rams: Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, S, Alabama
The Rams will boots their secondary with the best safety of the draft.
14. Chicago Bears: Aaron Donald, DT, Pittsburgh
Aaron Donald don’t have the perfect size but the Bears will look at his combine numbers and his production on the field. They will be more than happy to add Donald to their line and replace Melton.
15. Pittsburgh Steelers: Kyle Fuller, CB, Virginia Tech
16. Dallas Cowboys: Anthony Barr, DE/OLB, UCLA
17. ***TRADE UP*** San Francisco 49ers: Brandin Cooks, WR, Oregon State
18. New York Jets: Odell Beckham Jr, WR, LSU
19. ***TRADE DOWN***Oakland Raiders: Derek Carr, QB, Fresno State
20. Arizona Cardinals: Zach Martin, OT/G, Notre Dame
21. Green Bay Packers: Eric Ebron, TE, North Carolina
22. Philadelphia Eagles: Calvin Pryor, S, Louisville
23. Kansas City Chiefs: CJ. Mosley, ILB, Alabama
24. Cincinnati Bengals: Kony Ealy, DE/OLB, Missouri
25. ***TRADE DOWN*** New York Giants: Ra’Shede Hageman, DE/DT, Minnesota
26. Cleveland Browns: Xavier Su’a-Filo, G, UCLA
27. New Orleans Saints: Dee Ford, DE/OLB, Auburn
28. Carolina Panthers: Marquise Lee, WR, USC
29. New England Patriots: Louis Nix III, DT, Notre Dame
30. ***TRADE DOWN*** Baltimore Ravens: Jimmie Ward, S, Northern Illinois
31. Denver Broncos: Ryan Shazier, OLB, Ohio State
32. Seattle Seahawks: Davante Adams, WR, Fresno State
Let me know what you think !