Chargers rookies will be eased into action
For the game, here are the snap counts for each rookie:
- Jerry Tillery: 33 percent on offense, 19 percent on special teams
- Nasir Adderley: None on defense, 65 percent on special teams
- Trey Pipkins: None on offense, 19 percent on special teams
- Drue Tranquill: None on defense, 62 percent on special teams
- Easton Stick: Inactive
- Emeke Egbule: None on defense, 31 percent on special teams
- Cortez Broughton: Inactive
The rookies played a total of 21 snaps on either offense or defense, and all of them came from Tillery.
If the Chargers would like to use their draft class to shore up the run defense, they’re going to have to actually put them in the lineup. What a thought, right?
Expect this last lesson from the snap counts to change quickly. The Chargers have a problem at the second corner position if both Michael Davis and Trevor Williams are to miss the next game, which could prompt the move of Desmond King from slot corner to outside corner. As of right now, King is listed as the reserve corner behind Casey Hayward. Brandon Facyson on the outside with King in the slot cannot be a better combination than King on the outside with Adderley in the slot.