Chargers: Second quarter continued
- Tranquill blocks a punt. When was the last time the Chargers blocked a punt?
- Scott pushed back, fortunately the play was a short pass.
- Rivers and Taylor both out there for the dumbest looking play…but Henry was wide open for a first down.
- Watt first down. More solid short yardage conversions.
- Scott and Schofield are turnstiles.
What many fans saw with their eyes on first viewing is pretty much what was found on a repeat watch of every snap. The concerns through the first half weren’t the run defense, but they were in the second half (as mentioned before, plays not listed in this article). It’s clear Schofield needs to be replaced, as he has become a liability along the offensive line. Scott is going to have to hold his own or improve for at least five more weeks, though those next five teams all lost in Week One. Facyson is the next biggest problem, but it sounds like the Chargers could make a move at corner. Translation: They’re probably just moving up Kemon Hall. There’s a lot of positives to take from this one, from a punt blocked and some really good run blocking to Henry’s blocking and Watt’s effective role at fullback. Let’s see if any of that positive momentum can carry into next week.