2 of 4
Chargers: First quarter continued
- Facyson first to the punt returner, but assumes returner is letting the ball bounce. Adderley ends up making the tackle.
- Linebackers shift to the right watching jet sweep, Brissett turns to his right and throws receiver screen. White a tenth of a second delayed by a falling lineman, may have made tackle for no gain. Short gain anyway.
- Receiver motion from left to right, Brissett pitches left. King wastes no time getting past the offensive lineman for the TFL.
- Bosa and Ingram on the same side. Sack, of course.
- Great pocket on Ekeler hurdle play. Try not to hurdle too much…
- Watt comes in on second and short. Chargers convert with two tight ends on the left side. Not the best decision by Ekeler, but his effort also makes the conversion happen.
- Tevi gets popped off into a standing starfish. Schofield helps him at the last second to avoid sack.
- Jackson huge run. Maybe best run blocking rep from the entire line.
- Schofield pushed back on run play, completely disrupts movement of the play. Feeney actually points out and makes a note to Pouncey here. I wonder if he does this throughout the game? It worked for him.
- Disappointed with Henry’s numbers? He run blocks here (and has the entire game) and entire left side of line helps spring first down run.
- Though it’s the first time seen in the play-by-play, looks like the Chargers will be getting Jackson running routes to the end zone. Rivers would have had a tough throw here. Misses him later. Tried a similar one in Kansas City last year.
- Second and one: Touchdown on PA to Ekeler.
- Catch given up by Facyson. First of many to come.
- Justin Jones holds up Nelson, bumps him into running back, Bosa and company make the tackle.
- Thomas Davis bites on the run fake, has to change direction to cover tight end but too late. Chases down to make tackle.
- Mebane with a good run stop. Keeps it third and one.