Bald Prediction No. 3:
Chargers defense will become top five.
REALITY CHECK: Bolts defense last season ranked only eighth in PPG (Points Per Game) and ninth in total YPG (Yards Per Game). However, the Chargers 2019 defense can soar higher, if…
- If Joey Bosa can stay fully healthy. #angrygrizzly.
- If the linebackers squad can stay off injured reserve: the team needs a healthy Kyzir (Zesh) White, armored bear Denzel Perryman, flashing rookie linebacker Drue Tranquill, and veteran warrior Thomas Davis. Because these hounds can hunt.
- If rookie defensive lineman Jerry Tillery and rookie safety Nassir Adderly are playing regular downs, even starting by early in the season, and staying off injured reserve.
- If Isaac Rochell and Justin Jones level up. And they will.
Enough with the “If”s, here are certainties:
- Derwin James will come back from injury better than before (if that’s physically possible).
- Forrest Lamp will let his genie out. Tillery will get noticed nationally, benefitting from opponents’ preoccupation with twin dragons Bosa and the monstrous Melvin Ingram.
- Adderley will become a starter before the half-way season mark, pushing the promising strong safety Rayshawn Jenkins. See Jenkins’ insane vertical leap here.