The Chargers have three terrific corners in Casey Hayward, Trevor Williams and Desmond King. I’ll be particularly interested in watching the depth at that position once those guys leave the game.
More from Bolt Beat
- LA Chargers: 3 early takeaways from 2021 minicamp thus far
- LA Chargers: Drue Tranquill takes a jab at Gus Bradley’s defense
- LA Chargers second-year players: Nothing lose and a lot to gain
- LA Chargers: Why running back could be a big issue for the Bolts
- LA Chargers: Chris Rumph’s upside is Melvin Ingram-like, but better
Craig Mager is a bubble player who could use a big game and Michael Davis will likely have to make some plays to stick around the roster this year. Then you have some good undrafted talent in Tony Brown, Brandon Facyson and Marcus Edmond.
Any of those players could have an impact on this game and it could help separate them from the pack in the pursuit of a roster spot.
Jason Verrett’s season-ending injury was a tough blow for the defense, but it also should have invigorated the competition between these young players.
One of these guys is going to step up and make a big play in this game, maybe even a pick-six. I’ll leave it up to you to decide which one that will be.