1. Joey Bosa: 23 years
Joey Bosa just hit his 23rd birthday on July 11 and while he’s the best player 25 years old or younger on the Chargers’ roster, he’s also one of the best players in the league in the age range.
More from Bolt Beat
- LA Chargers: Drue Tranquill takes a jab at Gus Bradley’s defense
- LA Chargers second-year players: Nothing lose and a lot to gain
- LA Chargers: Why running back could be a big issue for the Bolts
- LA Chargers: Chris Rumph’s upside is Melvin Ingram-like, but better
- Chargers: Reggie Slater calls LA the “dream scenario” for Rashawn Slater
Bosa is a machine and if there’s anyone still mad that the Chargers didn’t get Ramsey, just remind them that they did get this guy. Through the first two seasons of his career, Bosa has recorded 23 sacks. Last season, he became recorded his 20th career sack quicker than any player in NFL history.
If he can keep up that level of play, he has seven to 10 years of productivity in him as nearly an every-down player. He should be the cornerstone of the Chargers’ defense for years to come.
There’s not much this guy doesn’t do well and Chargers fans should be quite happy to have him in the team. In fact, if you had to go through the entire roster and keep just one player on it, it may very well be this guy.
Look for another double-digit sack season for Bosa as he makes his way toward the top of the list of best defensive players in the league.