So taking all of this into consideration, what would be a fair final grade for the Chargers?
More from Bolt Beat
- LA Chargers: 3 early takeaways from 2021 minicamp thus far
- LA Chargers: Drue Tranquill takes a jab at Gus Bradley’s defense
- LA Chargers second-year players: Nothing to lose and a lot to gain
- LA Chargers: Why running back could be a big issue for the Bolts
- LA Chargers: Chris Rumph’s upside is Melvin Ingram-like, but better
If you watched the team last season, you’d know that a better defense likely would have meant a playoff berth (as would a better placekicker). Telesco took that into consideration and went into the draft with a gameplan that he apparently wasn’t going to be deterred from.
These picks set the Chargers up to be a top contender this coming season and in my estimation, the clear favorite to win the AFC West division title. Looking at the first four picks, it’s tough to complain about any of it, so long as you believe the team can be better against the run this year.
With the last three picks, all three players have a chance to be solid contributors this season or in the near future. If you’re a Chargers fan, you should be pretty satisfied with what your team did this weekend.
Grade: High B+