Question 1: What players in free agency would YOU target this offseason Tyler? -chargersfanfromswitzerland
Here’s my Madden Free Agency, no salary cap limitations team acquisitions:
1. Le’Veon Bell, RB, Steelers. Give me a game-changer at running back. I like Melvin Gordon, but he won’t win games all by himself. Bell is an elite monster of a player that would take the Bolts over the top.
2. Andrew Norwell, G, Panthers. Sure he played left guard, but this is a fantasy free agency, so throw him in at right guard. PFF’s third ranked guard sounds pretty good on the offensive line right now.
3. Teddy Bridgewater, QB, Vikings. Because anyone is better than Kellen Clemens.
I answered a question earlier regarding who the Chargers should take in free agency, but here are a few more that I personally would love to see the Bolts go after.
More from Bolt Beat
- LA Chargers: 3 early takeaways from 2021 minicamp thus far
- LA Chargers: Drue Tranquill takes a jab at Gus Bradley’s defense
- LA Chargers second-year players: Nothing to lose and a lot to gain
- LA Chargers: Why running back could be a big issue for the Bolts
- LA Chargers: Chris Rumph’s upside is Melvin Ingram-like, but better
1. Anthony Hitchens, LB, Cowboys. He’s a good player whose name we recognize but don’t know much about. He can play multiple spots, and would be relatively cheap. Telesco is great with finding these kinds of players.
2. Weston Richburg, C, Giants. Believe it or not, there was actually a good Giants’ lineman on their roster last season. Unfortunately, he was lost early to a nasty concussion. If cleared to play, he’d be a solid option and upgrade over Spencer Pulley. The transition from Eli Manning to Rivers wouldn’t be that drastic, either.
3. Josh Kline, RG, Titans. He might be a bit pricier, but I’d rather the Bolts spend more for him than retain Kenny Wiggins. He thrived in the Titans’ run-first offense, and would be a seriously needed upgrade on the offensive line.
4. Graham Gano, K, Panthers. 29-for-30 on field goals is nothing to sneeze at. The Chargers have a lot of options at kicker this offseason, and I believe they sign a veteran.
That’s it for Bolt Beat Mailbag! Try and get your submissions in before Saturday at the latest. How can you submit?
- On Twitter @tjscooter30
- Through email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- In the comments section
You guys are awesome, and seeing your questions pop up throughout the week is a ton of fun! Don’t be shy, feel free to send me submissions in any way you are able to. I hope you learned something here! Go Bolts!