Philip Rivers and the Los Angeles Chargers travel to Denver to take on Von Miller and the Broncos. Chat with other Chargers fans while watching the game on the open thread.
Chargers football is back!
The Bolts face the Broncos on “Monday Night Football.” The last time the Chargers won in Denver was on Dec. 12, 2013. The Broncos, who finished 9-7 in 2016, missed the playoffs last season after making it five years in a row.
More from Bolt Beat
- LA Chargers: 3 early takeaways from 2021 minicamp thus far
- LA Chargers: Drue Tranquill takes a jab at Gus Bradley’s defense
- LA Chargers second-year players: Nothing to lose and a lot to gain
- LA Chargers: Why running back could be a big issue for the Bolts
- LA Chargers: Chris Rumph’s upside is Melvin Ingram-like, but better
But the Chargers have come a long way, as many (including several NFL analysts) have high expectations for this squad in 2017. After both the Kansas City Chiefs and Oakland Raiders won their respective games in Week 1, this is already a big game for the Bolts, who don’t want to fall behind in what is an extremely tough AFC West division.
First-time head coach Anthony Lynn will lead his men into battle against another rookie head coach, Vance Joseph. The Chargers will also see a familiar face in Mike McCoy, the Chargers’ previous head coach and current Broncos’ offensive coordinator.
In the meantime, check out some of our recent posts before the game kicks off. Bolt up!