It’s the offseason, which means it’s a time when players get to sit back, relax and have some fun before getting ready for their next season.
Los Angeles Chargers running back Melvin Gordon is doing just that. Not only that, he’s still playing football, but of the gaming type.
More from Bolt Beat
- LA Chargers: 3 early takeaways from 2021 minicamp thus far
- LA Chargers: Drue Tranquill takes a jab at Gus Bradley’s defense
- LA Chargers second-year players: Nothing to lose and a lot to gain
- LA Chargers: Why running back could be a big issue for the Bolts
- LA Chargers: Chris Rumph’s upside is Melvin Ingram-like, but better
Gordon met up with WWE Superstar Seth Rollins as the two went head-to-head in Madden ’17 in the UpUpDownDown All-Star Madden Challenge, a gaming channel on YouTube created by another WWE Superstar, Xavier Woods (also known as Austin Creed). Rollins played as the Chicago Bears while Gordon picked the team he plays for in real life, the Chargers (duh).
The second-year running back had a bounce-back season after rushing for 997 yards and scoring 12 total touchdowns. Gordon, who’s self-given nickname was “Melly Mel,” has skills on the field, but let’s just say those skills didn’t translate to the video game.
So as fans, let’s also sit back, relax and be entertained by their battle.