Melvin Gordon and the San Diego Chargers host Jay Ajayi and the Miami Dolphins on Sunday. Here is the open thread.
Notice how I headlined the running backs above this time? That’s because both Gordon and Ajayi have been dominating on the ground. Gordon finished with consecutive 100-yard rushing performances, excluding the 196 total yards he had against the Titans last Sunday. Meanwhile, Ajayi has rushed for 329 yards in his last three games.
The Chargers (4-5) are at home, which favors the Bolts. The Dolphins (4-4) lost three straight games against the Chargers while playing in San Diego. In comparison, they have won three in a row when playing at home.
More from Bolt Beat
- LA Chargers: 3 early takeaways from 2021 minicamp thus far
- LA Chargers: Drue Tranquill takes a jab at Gus Bradley’s defense
- LA Chargers second-year players: Nothing lose and a lot to gain
- LA Chargers: Why running back could be a big issue for the Bolts
- LA Chargers: Chris Rumph’s upside is Melvin Ingram-like, but better
It’s too early for inactives, but read some of our other posts or comment on the other games kicking off at 10:00 a.m. (PT).