The San Diego Chargers need all the help that they can get up front. The offensive line was a disaster last season and Tom Telesco will be searching around to fill in the gaps up front.
More from LA Chargers News
- LA Chargers: 3 early takeaways from 2021 minicamp thus far
- LA Chargers: Drue Tranquill takes a jab at Gus Bradley’s defense
- LA Chargers second-year players: Nothing to lose and a lot to gain
- LA Chargers: Why running back could be a big issue for the Bolts
- LA Chargers: Chris Rumph’s upside is Melvin Ingram-like, but better
When a name like Jahri Evans becomes available, then it should perk up the ears for Tom Telesco. Evans is a 6x Pro Bowl player and was just released off of the New Orleans Saints roster. A player like that can immediately help the Chargers struggles on the offensive line.
Evans is 32 years old, but he still has some left in the tank and would take over the right guard role. That would push DJ Fluker back over to right tackle or push him right onto a reserve role. Fluker has to prove his value up front. He didn’t play well at the right guard role and he had his struggles out at right tackle. He needs to prove that he can handle starting up front in the NFL.
The biggest need up front will be at center for the offensive line, but filling in another soft spot on the interior of the offensive line will be at the top of the priority list as well.
There are too many holes up front. The Chargers will have to find some veterans to fill some of those needs and Evans could be a nice player to pick up. What do you all think about Evans in a Chargers uniform?