San Diego Chargers LB coach Mike Nolan has stepped down from his role on the Chargers defense in order to pursue some other opportunities. Maybe he doesn’t want to live in Los Angeles. Nolan likely can work to become a defensive coordinator with some team. He could get a few opportunities to coach out there. We will see where he ends up.
The young linebackers stepped up for the Chargers last season. Manti Te’o and Denzel Perryman are going to be a good combination in the middle of the defense. Melvin Ingram just finished the season with double digits in sacks. Jerry Attaochu has shown a lot of potential off of the edge. They will now have a new position coach.
I was hoping for a new defensive coordinator going into the season, but we are stuck with John Pagano for another year. I thought that Mike Nolan could have been a possibility to take over the defensive coordinator position if Pagano was dropped off of the coaching staff. Instead we are going to keep Pagano around and we lost one of his best positional coaches.
I wonder if we can hear any good news from our Chargers at any time?
More from Bolt Beat
- LA Chargers: 3 early takeaways from 2021 minicamp thus far
- LA Chargers: Drue Tranquill takes a jab at Gus Bradley’s defense
- LA Chargers second-year players: Nothing to lose and a lot to gain
- LA Chargers: Why running back could be a big issue for the Bolts
- LA Chargers: Chris Rumph’s upside is Melvin Ingram-like, but better