The San Diego Chargers have extended the contract for head coach Mike McCoy for 1 season. Instead of firing him at the end of the year, the team instead gave him an additional year on the contract. It doesn’t mean that he will not be on the hot seat.
More from LA Chargers News
- LA Chargers: 3 early takeaways from 2021 minicamp thus far
- LA Chargers: Drue Tranquill takes a jab at Gus Bradley’s defense
- LA Chargers second-year players: Nothing lose and a lot to gain
- LA Chargers: Why running back could be a big issue for the Bolts
- LA Chargers: Chris Rumph’s upside is Melvin Ingram-like, but better
McCoy will start the season on the hot seat and he will have to get this team winning again or that contract extension will be just tossed aside.
Why the hell would the team decide to give McCoy another year when he has digressed every year since he has been the head coach? Can he show us that he can get this team winning again before we give him another deal? Does a 4-12 season deserve a contract extension.
It could have been easy to release McCoy from his contract early if he couldn’t get this thing on the right track next season if it was the final year on his contract. Now he has a deal till the 2017 season.
Why does this team hate us sometimes? Maybe we should give Donald Butler a bonus for sucking all season long. Maybe we should give the offensive line a bonus for sitting on the bench with injuries? Maybe we should call Frank Reich back and see if he wants a larger role next season with the offense?
This move makes no sense at this time, but this is what the Chargers do.