Is it too early for a mock draft? NEVER! Things will most likely change a lot before the draft begins but let’s take an early look at who the Chargers should draft. (should draft, TT! Write these down!)
This draft is based on this premise… THE CHARGERS SUCKED IN THE TRENCHES! They were among the worst in run defense. They gave up the most sacks in the league and could not establish a running game. They need help on both lines.
Depending on how the first pick goes it will form the rest of the draft. I see three possible scenarios in the first round so I have given three drafts below. Of course TT will probably take a safety and screw this whole thing up, but for arguments sake let’s say he doesn’t.
Also, I am just taking a look at the first 4 rounds…
Draft 1.0 – The Bosa Draft1. DE – Joey Bosa2. OT – Germain Ifedi / Jason Spriggs3. DT – Sheldon Rankins / Vernon Butler4. C – Jack Allen
Draft 1.1 – The Tunsil Draft (we can dream right?)1. OT – Laremy Tunsil /Ronnie Stanley2. DT – Kenny Clark / Austin Johnson3. C – Max Tuerk4. ILB – Blake Martinez
Draft 1.2 – The Robinson Draft1. DT – A’Shawn Robinson2. OT – Germain Ifedi / Jason Spriggs3. C – Max Tuerk / DT – Sheldon Rankins / DT – Vernon Butler4. G – Christian Westerman / G – Denver Kirkland / ILB – Blake Martinez
More from Bolt Beat
- LA Chargers: 3 early takeaways from 2021 minicamp thus far
- LA Chargers: Drue Tranquill takes a jab at Gus Bradley’s defense
- LA Chargers second-year players: Nothing to lose and a lot to gain
- LA Chargers: Why running back could be a big issue for the Bolts
- LA Chargers: Chris Rumph’s upside is Melvin Ingram-like, but better