The San Diego Chargers have brought back Donald Brown after releasing him off of the roster last week. In order to make space, the team released Michael Ola.
Source: the Chargers have re-signed RB Donald Brown.
— Field Yates (@FieldYates) October 5, 2015
Hopefully that means that we will have some health from some of the other offensive lineman on the roster. The team wanted to bring him back if nobody else picked him up.
The team does need some people to get healthy soon though or Brown could be in danger of losing a roster spot again. The Chargers finished the game last week with only 2 healthy wide receivers and 2 healthy corners. The team would love to get some health from some of their starters.
Jason Verrett and Brandon Flowers were both out of the game and Stevie Williams and Patrick Robinson had to finish the game as the starters. Malcom Floyd and Stevie Johnson also were hurt. If none of those guys are able to return, the team will need to open up another roster spot for a wide receiver or a corner. Brown can’t help in that department.
The Chargers have kept Brown inactive all season and like having him as an insurance policy. At this point, he is just holding onto a roster spot.
More from Bolt Beat
- LA Chargers: 3 early takeaways from 2021 minicamp thus far
- LA Chargers: Drue Tranquill takes a jab at Gus Bradley’s defense
- LA Chargers second-year players: Nothing to lose and a lot to gain
- LA Chargers: Why running back could be a big issue for the Bolts
- LA Chargers: Chris Rumph’s upside is Melvin Ingram-like, but better