The Chargers travel to Minnesota this week to take on the Vikings and Adrian Peterson. The Chargers are looking to get back into the win column after a disappointing loss to the Bengals last week.
Is it too early in the season to have must win games? If the Charger are going to break into double digit wins this year these are the type of road games they need to win. On paper they are better than Minnesota. Now they need to make it happen on the field. Must win? Yes if they are going to compete for AFC West Champions.
Keys to the game
- Contain Petersen. Stack the box, bring run blitzes, whatever it takes. Make Teddy Bridgewater beat you.
- Limit turnovers. The Chargers have put the ball on the field way too much this season. They need to practice good ball control on Sunday
- Keep the QB clean. Last week the O-line struggled at pass blocking. Be sure that Minnesota watched the tape of last week’s game and they will be attacking the interior of the Chargers line.
- Limit big plays. The secondary got burned on a few last week against the Bengals. The Vikings are likely to try the same thing.
- Feed Gordon the rock. The rookie had a sensational first half last week, but needed more touches in the second. Give him the ball, its why you drafted him.
More from Bolt Beat
- LA Chargers: 3 early takeaways from 2021 minicamp thus far
- LA Chargers: Drue Tranquill takes a jab at Gus Bradley’s defense
- LA Chargers second-year players: Nothing lose and a lot to gain
- LA Chargers: Why running back could be a big issue for the Bolts
- LA Chargers: Chris Rumph’s upside is Melvin Ingram-like, but better
Enjoy the game everyone and enjoy the open thread.