With San Diego Chargers RG DJ Fluker out with the high ankle sprain, Chris Hairston looks to take the starting role in his absence. Hairson was the first to come off of the bench when the injury occurred and was also the player taking the first team reps in practice on Wednesday.
Chris Hairston is working at RG in place of DJ Fluker with starters during ind. work portion of practice open to reporters for Chargers.
— Eric Williams (@eric_d_williams) September 16, 2015
The team added Kenny Wiggins onto the roster to give the team some depth up front and he will now take on the role of the utility offensive lineman off of the bench. Trevor Robinson will remain on the bench and will be the backup center for the Chargers.
Hairston played well with his time on the field and will need to step into the starting role. He should continue his solid play and will buy the team some time until DJ Fluker is ready to get back on the field. Fluker was working hard to understand his role at the guard position and played very well in his first start at the position until he went down with the injury.
We look forward to getting Fluker back onto the field with the Chargers, but we are happy to have a solid player to back him up in Chris Hairston.
More from Bolt Beat
- LA Chargers: 3 early takeaways from 2021 minicamp thus far
- LA Chargers: Drue Tranquill takes a jab at Gus Bradley’s defense
- LA Chargers second-year players: Nothing to lose and a lot to gain
- LA Chargers: Why running back could be a big issue for the Bolts
- LA Chargers: Chris Rumph’s upside is Melvin Ingram-like, but better